Monday, September 18, 2017

Morning Morning Coffee Chat

How about a mid-day coffee chat?
It's already 11:45~ WoW!

Rain, rain and more rain!
You would think that after 51" of rain I wouldn't want to see rain for a while.  The truth is, it felt good....it's a little cooler outside, which is great, and Mr D and I love to sit in our garage with the door open and watch the rain come down.  We have a swing that sits just inside the garage where we sit, drink our coffee, and stay dry!!!  The dogbabies love it too, there is rug just for them far enough in so they don't get wet from the splatter of raindrops.

It's usually very bright this time of morning, as you can see, it's dark in here because of the rain clouds outside.  It's okay, my Jesus mug reminds me that the true Son always shines in our life.
 
It's been a very peaceful week for us, nothing much to tell you.  We had a great visit with Mr D's brother the other night, a pot of coffee and good conversation .  I went to GLOW on Sunday afternoon and as always had a very good time.  I am so blessed by my GLOW sisters, lots of laughter, chatter and praise.
Here I am trying to read a card sent to us by a dear friend....I couldn't get my arms long enough!  lol  That's Sandy laughing at me....Sandy and I worked together for 20+ years, so much of that time with our desks only feet apart.  She remembers when I didn't need 'long arms' to read!!

It's a good day for laundry and that's exactly what I'm doing.  How do two old elderly slightly aged people get so many clothes dirty?  Guess that will always be a mystery.
This is a flower from the coffin spray of sweet MIL.  It's been hanging in the laundry room for 2weeks and still isn't dry enough to take down.  I have several dried flowers from loved ones, it's just something I like to do, to have, to keep!


Today's Scripture:
Ephesians 2:8 
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourself, it is the gift of God      

     Today's Quote:    

    From every stormy wind that blows,
    From every swelling tide of woes,
    There is a calm, a sure retreat;
  ’Tis found beneath the mercy seat.
     Hugh Stowell   


   Bible Trivia:
When the Bible was first written, there were no chapters or verses as today. In fact, many of the early, handwritten manuscripts were written without spaces between the words! Stephen Langton divided the Bible into chapters about A.D. 1228. The Old Testament was divided into verses by R. Nathan in A.D. 1448, and Robert Stephanus divided the New Testament into verses in A.D. 1551. The first complete Bible with chapter and verse divisions was the Geneva Bible of A.D. 1560.

Well, the dryer just buzzed, time to go fold clothes.
Hope you have a great day!

Until Next Time,



18 comments:

  1. Here I am again Mary! I was hoping those rockers were on your porch and was about to ask you if one of them was meant for me! Oh well I love to swing. I didn't know about the Bible Trivia, very interesting. Love your Jesus mug!
    Have a blessed afternoon, now I have to go get clothes out of the dryer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad your back!! If you ever get my way I assure you that I'll have a place for us to sit and chat, a cuppa tea for you and a cuppa of joe for me!!!

      Delete
  2. Your coffee sounds wonderful as I would love a cup about right now and it's around 3:00 pm for me. We had a little more rain on Saturday night and my thoughts was NO...I am trying to overcome Irma! And we got NOTHING compared to you all. We are still praying for the aftermath you all have had. Praying for the islands and Miami as well. Lord Jesus, come on and get your children. Loving your Jesus cup. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, come quickly Lord Jesus. Hugs and blessings right back to you!

      Delete
  3. Sitting and watching the rain while keeping nice and dry is also one of my favourite things to do. Usually I wrap myself in a cozy throw too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta make mine Decaf, sigh...no more caffeine for me, sigh. I enjoyed your post, and thank you for the pep talk on my blog, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiles back to you Linda! Decaf, yukky, but you can do it!!!

      Delete
  5. Interesting Bible trivia! It is relaxing to sit and watch the rain come down...as long as you don't have to be in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved visiting with you here this evening! It's 6:48 pm, and it still feels good to sit down and chat with you here. I'm a little slow today...post Irma sluggishness I think. I like that you saved the carnation from your MIL's flowers. I saved lilacs from my mother's. That was her favorite flower, and we had them shipped in especially for her special bouquet, as lilacs don't grow in Florida and she always longed for them ever since moving to FL. in 1956. I wish she could have seen the bouquet...maybe she did from heaven. Thank you for your post today. I always feel like I've been visiting a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your MoM probably did see the beautiful lilac bouquet. It does take time to recover from these storms, mentally as well as physically. We have an advantage though, our Anchor holds! ((hugs))

      Delete
  7. What a sweet way to spend the day with your better half...well, except for the laundry part!!! ;-) I didn't know that about the Bible...thanks so much for sharing that trivia! HOPE you have a great rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to get all that laundry done!! Hope you've had a great day my friend. Love ya!!

      Delete
  8. So glad you had a nice visit with family and friends!! I love your tradition of drying flowers...a sweet memory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning, Mary!

    " From every stormy wind that blows,
    From every swelling tide of woes,
    There is a calm, a sure retreat;
    ’Tis found beneath the mercy seat."

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary, I had a nice visit today. Love your Jesus coffee mug. Interesting facts about the Bible. I love the rain too and we get a little tomorrow before a heat waves kicks in. Such is the life here in So CA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are enjoying the rain Mary! We have been having rain here too, which we have needed so badly. Love your morning routine with Jesus, and your sharing of your life. How sweet to keep the dried flower from your MIL's funeral. The laundry mystery happens at my house too! lol...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!