Monday, October 2, 2017

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

These Monday's come around much too fast!! 
Do you know 12 more Monday's and it's Christmas!


I've been enjoying coffee on the porch, loving pretty mornings and not quite so hot weather!  I'm still waiting for a 'real' cold front. 

There's a new blog in blogland!!
This is my daughter's blog.
She has several pages for you to enjoy.
You'll hear stories about the. . . . .
Poop Deck. . . 
. . .this is a page for her chickens.
Growing Up Garden. . .
. . . this fall she is wanting to start some raised garden.
Porch Sittin'. . .
. . . yep, she's a porch sitter too.
From My Window. . .
. . . Tammy and her hubby love road trips, this page will be full of pictures  taken along the way.
Sew Beautiful. . .
. . .lot's of sewing, lot's of crafts.
This and That. . .
. . . just whatever!!

I hope you'll stop by and tell Tammy hello and welcome her to our blogging world.
Backyard Bling @ Tambo Ranch

Family News:
So excited for my granddaughter Maegan.  They are moving into a bigger home, something they really need.  I enjoyed my visit with Merica this week, I even got to feed her and I got her to smile at me!!  So sweet.

Dining Out:
Where:
Red Lobster
Menu:
Salad, Ranch Dressing for me, Honey Mustard for Mr. D
Sailor's Platter for each of us.
House Cheesy Biscuits
Iced Tea
One Strawberry Cheesecake, we shared!
Coffee
This week Mr D and I dined at Red Lobster.  Even though we don't go there often, we always enjoy eating there....until now....I don't know what's happened to our Red Lobster.  The food wasn't near as good as it's always been and the atmosphere didn't seem as good either.  The prices were a little higher and the food portions a little smaller.  Was this a fluke or just me?  I don't know but won't be anxious to dine there again.

Soap Box:
I know this country has many problems, we are seeing things today that I thought I would never see!  And I know we all have our own thoughts and opinions on different issues, and a right to express those differences.  With that said, disrespecting our country, our flag, our anthem is not the way to change things.  It's heartbreaking to see some of the actions taking place by some...and I so disagree with them.  Stand for our country, and work within our borders to change whatever you think needs to be changed.  I believe in this...United we stand, divided we fall.  I also believe this scripture...
2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their Jus, and will heal their land.

Bible Trivia:
Revelation is the only book in the New Testament that uses the word “Alleluia,” indicating praise to God, and it appears four times – all in Chapter 19.

Just For Laughs!
Three sons left home, went out on their own and prospered. They discussed the gifts they were able to give their elderly mother. The first said: "I built a big house for our mother."

The second said: "I sent her a Mercedes with a driver."

The third said: "You remember how our mother enjoys reading the Bible. Now she can't see very well. So I sent her a remarkable parrot that recites the entire Bible. It took elders in the church 12 years to teach him. Mama just has to name the chapter and verse and the parrot recites it."

Soon thereafter, their mother sent out her letters of thanks.

"Milton," she said, "the house you built is so huge. I live only in one room, but I have to clean the whole house.

"Gerald," she said, "I am too old to travel. I stay most of the time at home so I rarely use the Mercedes. And that driver is so rude! He's a pain!"

"But Donald," she said, "the little chicken you sent was delicious!"

Today's Quote:
If God is going to bless America, it will not be for the sake of the nation itself.  He blesses the nation, and has always done so, for the sake of His People. If we who are called by His name are not fulfilling the conditions for divine blessing, there is no hope whatsoever for the rest of the nation.

John MacArthur

Until Next Time







12 comments:

  1. We have always enjoyed Red Lobster, I have notice a change also. I agree with your thoughts, Mary!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, isn't it wonderful to know that this world is not our home, we are just passing through!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your thoughts, Mary, and the Bible verse is just what our Country needs. Our last experience at Red Lobster was terrible; I guess they eventually will go out of business. Happy October. God bless America.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely children! Aren't kids wonderful?
    Your soapbox echoes my thoughts!
    And no Mary it wasn't a 'fluke'= it was the Sailor Platter! Now I better 'clam' up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post today! May I stand on that soapbox with you? America needs to bless and honor God and Christians need to pray. In light of what happened last night, people need to understand we need to be ready at any moment to meet the Lord. I love the cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster, but don't care that much about the food. Your family is beautiful. How exciting for them to get to move into a bigger home. I will go visit your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the little funny Miss Mary. Gave me a laugh indeed. Oh I am so heartbroken over the evil in this world, the lack of respect and the everyone thinking their life matters more than others. It's not the world, but the people in it. I can't help but say, "Lord, come on and get your children". We are seeing exactly what the Word of God has said would take place in this world. It is frightening. Marty and I recently went to Red Lobster as we have a gift card. We had not been there I bet in 5 years or more. What we had was actually very good and we got in on some of deal they had going on. I love their cheddar biscuits.Well let me pop over and visit with your daughter. How exciting. Love the pictures Miss Mary. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red Lobster is under new ownership now. They have tried to make it more upscale but instead of making it better, it is so much worse. We won't go there gain either! Sad. It used to be so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad your restaurant experience was disappointing. At the prices one pays it had better be delicious!
    Your daughter's blog looks quite interesting and I mean to visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Ms. Mary, what's happening to America? I'm so scared for what our grandkids will see if Jesus doesn't come back soon. So much hatred and violence. It's heartbreaking. Loved the little funny. I'm heading to Tammy's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen friend on your thoughts on the soapbox...and how precious are the grandchildren, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the little story about the Mama and her 3 sons. That was hilarious. I haven't been to Red Lobster since they broke off from Darden Foods...that may be why the quality has changed. We prefer local seafood restaurants (non-chain). They seem to be much better. Love that your granddaughter and family are moving to a larger home! Those little girls are just precious. Yes, our nation is hurting in so many ways and places. We just need to continue to pray and be positive instead of negative. God is at work in our midst...even in the midst of great tragedy. Christ will triumph over the evil. We just need to pray, pray, pray. I will check out your daughter's blog. Sounds like fun. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok...going to have to look at the Poop Deck post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!