Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Rainy Day

We're having a rainy day, the house is dark, cool, and cozy. . .
. . ..just the way I like it!!


I'm sitting at the kitchen table looking out the window watching the raindrops splash on the driveway.  Ever so often a car will pass by, the windshield wipers working hard so the driver can see..what are they doing out in this weather anyway?   Ahhh, sweet retirement, we don't have to get out if we don't want to.  That is a peaceful feeling.


As I sat down to write my blog I thought a hot cup of coffee was in order, so I made the small pot of coffee.  Enough for Mr D and I to each have a cup.  

Mr D is enjoying this rainy day. . .
TCM is showing old black and white westerns until seven this evening.  You can bet, he'll watch everyone of them.  

We both have dental appointments this week...yuk...I really don't like going to the dentist. 
But, it must be done. 😩 😩 😩


I love these word by Helen Steiner Rice. . .

Don't doubt for a minute
that this is not true,
For God loves His children
and takes care of them, too. .
And all of His treasures
are yours to share
If you love Him completely
and show that you care. . .
And if you walk in His footsteps
and have faith to believe,
There's nothing you ask for
that you will not receive.

Until Next Time
Live Life Joyously



16 comments:

  1. Oh love this post, Mary, I can feel the warmth of your home and the smell of the coffee as I read it. My hubby likes to watch old movies, he in the living room now watching TV, I get tired of it after a while. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss the rain. We had about 6 drops yesterday here in California and that was it. We havent had a serious downpour in so long
    A very cozy post today Mary...thank you for sharing
    Blessings
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your coffee area Mary! And like you, I enjoy a rainy day especially if i do not have to get out in it. I did some cleaning today and I let an autumnal candle to make it seem more cozy. MY blog friend, linda, lights a candle in each room when she finishes cleaning it and I have been doing that too. It does make it seem so homey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainy days can be very cozy! It's nice to be retired and not have to go out if we don't want to. ( except if there's dentist appointments).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, the joys of retirement! I so enjoyed this peaceful post!! Love Helen Steiner Rice's poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smiles...you always have such lovely posts, my friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cozy post, Mary! Loved seeing your little coffee area ... I need to see if I can make one similar to that. We are so looking forward to when Mr. T retires, but it will probably be a year or two yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spotted that coffee sign! LOVE IT! That's how I feel...Give me coffee and no one gets hurt! Well, I just heard we may have a tropical storm headed our way by the weekend. Mercy! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I like those kinds of days too!
    Your home always looks so cozy and comfy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love rainy days, too...something we're very much in need of in this part of the country. Glad you and Mr. D had a relaxing day. Your home is so inviting, Ms. Mary! Happy Thursday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helen Steiner Rice always says what is in my heart but I cant articulate. I love the coffee sign, my adage is: coffee till 4, wine till 6... lol... Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, retirement is a wonderful thing. Like you, Beloved and I enjoy the freedom to come and go as we want.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can't beat retirement and a warm comfy home Mary. Enjoy my friend :) Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a week later and now we have a rainy Monday here.
    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed your rainy day time...old movies all day? My hubby would love that too! Just give me a good book to read and I'm set...with a cup of tea! We haven't had any real rainy days since the hurricane...it's been hot and humid and miserable...but not much rain. I am hoping fall will get here soon. Yes, I love retirement and the not have to do anything if I don't want to feeling!! Enjoy your week, except for the dental appts....I don't think anyone likes those!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Mary! I hope you've had a great week enjoying the clouds and rain, and it is nice to not have to get out in that weather! I enjoyed Helen Steiner Rice's poem today, how wonderful to know that we are safe in His care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!