Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Goodbye Thanksgiving, Hello Christmas

My last cup of fall coffee before fall is all packed away.


After everything was put away we went to eat at our favorite Mexican Restaurant.  When we walked in we were greeted by this beautiful Christmas Tree.
I could feel the joy of Christmas creeping into my soul!!

I was not surprised when that night Mr D wanted to go for a ride to see if anyone had their Christmas lights up yet!!!  It  is a little early...although many put up their Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving.
So we drove through McDonald's. . . coffee for Mr D and latte for me!

We found some pretty homes all lit up for Christmas.


We had such a good time and I'm looking forward to doing it again....soon!!!

I don't understand how perfectly clear, sharp pictures from my phone become so blurry when I transfer them to my computer.  I must be missing a step or two!!


Until Next Time
Christmas begins with Christ

10 comments:

  1. I really enjoy driving around and looking at Christmas lights and decorations too. Often people will have their tree right in the front window so all who drive by can see the loveliness. I think at this dark time of year we need all the light we can find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice time you must have had! People here are just putting up decorations for the holidays. I like your idea of driving around :)
    I also love your header. I find it warm and cozy looking and it made me smile a lot.
    Have a lovely day Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your sweet husband have so much fun together Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My comment went poof in thin air, lol. Beautiful photos Mary... We are the only ones who have our porch done up. Sad, isn't it😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a delightful post! You are on the ball getting ready for Christmas...I am trying to get in the "spirit" of things, one step at a time. It takes me a while to make the transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas...but I love seeing what others have accomplished already. That helps get me moving!! Thank you for sharing the Lights with us!! It brightened my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've got our tree up early this year because the kids came the weekend before Thanksgiving for our holiday together. But then more family came two days after Thanksgiving to celebrate my husband's birthday so another reason to deck the halls early.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here in Florida (at least in Lakeland) lots of people decorate Thanksgiving weekend and the neighborhoods light up!! You found some great examples of just that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all the houses decorated for Christmas! I am fortunate to live on a street that everyone, (almost) decorates. The start of the road that circles around to my street has huge decorations. At Christmas it's transformed into "Christmas Lane". It opens this Saturday Dec. 2. with a parade and Santa riding on a float.
    I need to get the outside of house decorated before then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing all the houses decorated for Christmas! I am fortunate to live on a street that everyone, (almost) decorates. The start of the road that circles around to my street has huge decorations. At Christmas it's transformed into "Christmas Lane". It opens this Saturday Dec. 2. with a parade and Santa riding on a float.
    I need to get the outside of house decorated before then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm struggling to get in the mood to decorate for some reason. It'll get done. This brings back memories of when I was a little girl and my sweet Daddy would take us riding around to look at the Christmas lights... it's still magical to me! πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!