Saturday, November 11, 2017

MMCT on Saturday

How about some Monday Morning Coffee Talk on Saturday?!!

I've been away for a few weeks and I'm anxious to get back.

We've had some cold mornings lately, some were sunny and some were rainy and I've enjoyed them all.  Fall and winter are my favorite times of the year.  Of course, where I live we have very mild fall and winters. Most of the time!!  

On the porch with my coffee, cool mornings and pleasant days, perfect porch sitting weather.

Cataract removal went well, it was so much easier that I ever imagined.  The aggravation is the eye drops!
Three drops  four times a day for one week, then two times a day for another week.  Then the process will start again for the other eye.  It really isn't bad, but I will be glad when it's all over.  I guess it's more of a nuscience right now, but the results will be worth it all.

This weather has been calling for SOUP, hot and yummy!  So Mr D and I went to Kelley's (their vegetable soup is so good) and had a bowl of their vegetable soup and split a tuna fish sandwich.  I reached across the table to get a roll and managed to drag my sleeve in my soup...oh no!!  One of my nicer blouses too, it's in the cleaners, sure hope it cleans well. 
Just call me 'Grace' it sounds better than 'Clumsy!'  😀

Today's Poem:
Thou hast, with ever watchful eye,
    Looked down on us with holy care,
And from thy storehouse in the sky
    Hast scattered plenty everywhere.

Then lift we up our songs of praise
    To thee, O Father, good and kind;
To thee we consecrate our days;
    Be thine the temple of each mind.

       - Paul Laurence Dunbar

Thanksgiving Trivia:
Did ya know?
Thanksgiving was not officially made a holiday until 1863, over 200 years after the Plymouth feast.

 Items such as cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie were absent from the first Thanksgiving meal since sugar was considered a luxury in the 1600s.

 The first Thanksgiving meal included spoons and knives, but no forks. Well that's interesting!!

 President Franklin D. Roosevelt moved Thanksgiving to the third Thursday in November in efforts to boost the economy, but the decision was later reversed in 1941
.
 Forty-five million turkeys are served on Thanksgiving throughout the country.

 It has not been proven whether turkey was present at the first Thanksgiving feast.

 The heaviest turkey on record weighed 86 pounds. WoW

Today's Scripture:
Psalm 7:17
I will give to the LORD the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the LORD, the Most High.

Today's Quote from Max Lucado:
Aren't you glad that God doesn't give you only that which you remember to thank him for?

Closing With This Thought:
Remember, there is a key for every problem, a light
for every shadow, a relief for every sorrow and a
plan for every tomorrow...Jesus is the answer...

Until Next Time
I am so thankful!


15 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see an update from you, Mary. Thankful your eye surgery went well. We've had a mixture of rain and sunshine and the leaves are falling fast. Chili was on our menu one day! Our coffee is tasting very good now that it has cooled off. I wish you a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you here, my dear blogging friend, so happy your eye surgery went well.
    Good post. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to hear your surgery went better than expected. I love the poppy designs on plate and cup. It would sure be nice to sit on my patio right now and have coffee but those days are over for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear your surgery went well. Yes, I've heard that the drops are the biggest bother but worth it.

    An 86 lb turkey? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An 86 pound turkey would give us lots of left overs!! Oh my gosh! Interesting Thanksgiving facts! I'm so glad your surgery went well and know that you can deal with the inconvenience for a few more weeks to have it all done and behind you! My Joe always says "Temporary inconvenience for permanent improvement." Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been missing you... Glad to know you are feeling better. Cold here and we had snow, not much but enough to cover the ground. Sending you lots of hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed your posts, Mary! So glad your surgeries went well; praying for a speedy recovery and stellar results! Thanks for the Thanksgiving trivia, most of it I didn't know about. Learn something new every day! I just love that beautiful cup & plate! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A hint for keeping up with the times for your drops: set your oven timer. :) I think my biggest inconvenience was I wasn't suppose to bend over,(very hard to remember that), and not being able to help with the farm work. Isn't it wonderful what can be done for us these days? So glad you're making it fine after your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you, Mary and I'm glad your cataract surgery went well. Those eye drops are a nuisance, but worth it. I like all the Thanksgiving trivia and the Max Lucado quote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad your surgery went well. Love all the facts about Thanksgiving. Enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my precious Friend, I'm soooooo sorry I completely forgot about your cataract surgery. My mind is shot for reasons I'll not list here, but I feel bad that I forgot. I'm so glad things are going well and just think, by Christmas (HOPEfully) you'll have all of those drops behind you and be seeing well. Love you, Ms. Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That brown flower mug looks very inviting! I think it needs some hot cocoa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved seeing your eye drops on the pretty plate. I often do that too. Great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!