Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

Weather is cold and the coffee is hot!  Just the way I like it!


Mornings With Jesus

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
2 Peter 1:3
None of us is able, on our own, to live that life of godliness we're told we've been equipped to live.  The Bible says we can live that life by knowing Jesus, not intellectually, but personally.  Jesus gave us His precious promises, and as we exercise our faith, the qualities He wants to see will grow and mature, resulting in lives that please Him.
(Suzanne Davenport Tietjen)

Bible Trivia ~ First promise of the Bible:
Genesis 3:15, "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel." This was fulfilled in Galatians 4:4; Luke 2:7; Revelation 12.5.

In The Kitchen:
I baked another mincemeat pie yesterday.  I sure did. . .here's my story.  A dear friend had asked for a piece of the last pie I made but she asked too late, Mr D and I had already ate the whole pie. 
I decided I would make her a pie and take it to her at our GLOW meeting this past week.  Best made plans can certainly go awry, I didn't go to GLOW this week and I didn't bake her pie.  Yesterday afternoon I decided I couldn't let the ingredients go to waste, of course not, so I baked the pie for Mr D and I to enjoy.  And just so ya know, I will be baking my dear friend her pie, hopefully in time for our GLOW meeting on Saturday!

Our Weather:
Is crazy. . . what's new?  It is sunny and 50* right now,  cold in the shade, cool in the sun!!  Our forecast for the next several days is not so good!!

Family News:
I am so excited to share with you that I have 3 grandchildren getting married this year.  WoW, this family is going to be busy.  I am so happy for each couple and pray the Lord will bless them with many happy years.
Joe and Maegan are getting married in February, it's very close.
Maegan is my granddaughter.

Matt and Kaylea are getting married in March, another very close date!!
Matt is my grandson.

James and Tara haven't set the date just yet, but it will be sometime this summer.
Tara is my granddaughter.

Tara surprised us Christmas with the announcement of her engagement.  We all oohed and awed over her pretty ring.

Hope everyone is doing well, thank you for your visit.

KJIC


6 comments:

  1. Exciting times ahead for your family Mary. What a blessing to be able to see the grands grow up and start their own families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold hear today so guess it's cold mostly everywhere!
    Congrats on you gaining 3 new members to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cold hear today so guess it's cold mostly everywhere!
    Congrats on you gaining 3 new members to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting to have THREE weddings in the coming year. Congrats to all 3 couples.

    Winter weather can be so fickle. I think this year is particularly strange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weddings are just the best fun!! How exciting to look forward to three!! I sure hope you will post photos of the bride and groom for us to exclaim over!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! YOu WILL be busy this year with 3 family weddings! How exciting!!! Praying for all the happy couples! Hope you are warm and cozy. Don't eat too much pie! LOL. Makes me want to go bake a pie, but probably not mincemeat. family is not a fan. I do have some apples that need to be used...maybe later. I'm still kind of clumsy and foggy...LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!