Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Wednesday's Wisdom

“You cannot tailor-make the situations in life but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations.”
Zig Ziglar



“I have for many years endeavored to make this vital truth clear; and still people marvel when I tell them that I am happy. They imagine that my limitations weigh heavily upon my spirit, and chain me to the rock of despair. Yet, it seems to me, happiness has very little to do with the senses. If we make up our minds that this is a drab and purposeless universe, it will be that, and nothing else. On the other hand, if we believe that the earth is ours, and that the sun and moon hang in the sky for our delight, there will be joy upon the hills and gladness in the fields because the Artist in our souls glorifies creation. Surely, it gives dignity to life to believe that we are born into this world for noble ends, and that we have a higher destiny than can be accomplished within the narrow limits of this physical life.”
Helen Keller

“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because they have roses.” 

 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

It's so easy to let life's situations get you down, at least it is for me.  
I cling to God's Word because it is a source of encouragement.
I love to sit on the porch and soak in the beautiful things He has provided. .

Blue skies

Puffy white clouds

Flowers blooming

Birds singing

And yes, even the little lizard that comes to visit!


 My spirits rise and I am reminded that God is in control, my faith is in Him. . .



I think I'll whistle a happy tune!!

I feel better now!!

Today's Words of Wisdom:
Be Positively Positive

Until Next Time


11 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this. Now I want to whistle a happy tune too! Thank you for these positive and uplifting thoughts today. They have helped me rise above...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Helen Keller is one of my faves. She was so positive in spite of what we would see as limitations. Some of my most favorite quotes are things she said.
    Mindset is so important. It seems like something so needed in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness is a choice and I remind myself of that often. I tend to be a cup half empty personality. Thanks for sharing this Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! I found your blog through Arlene's. What a lovely cheery post! It is easy to get caught up in all the negative things happening. Keeping our eyes on the Lord changes not only our vision but our heart. PS I am your newest follower! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina! So nice to meet you, thanks for stopping by and thanks for being my newest follower. I'm on my way to your place, see ya soon!!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful words Miss Mary. I keep thinking now of that song called, Whistle why you work. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet words of wisdom here today, Mary. Thank you. You make me want to sit outside and ponder a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 💜 this, Ms. Mary....attitude is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wife of a man in the bed next to Joe, in the Cath Lab, had a lovely cloth purse with This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.
    Psalm 118:24 Embroidered on it. She told me a friend gave it to her while she was going through chemo. A great story!! There is great wisdom there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If Helen Keller could be happy in spite of her limitations I guess we have no right to be less joyful. Still.... some days one has to make a real effort.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!