Wednesday, May 23, 2018

It's been a busy two weeks.  The siblings are finally getting sweet MIL's home ready to sell.  How do you disassemble 90 years of living?  She still lived in her home and all of her life's belongings filled 

every (old) nook and cranny

Every part or section of a given place, especially those that are hard to see or reach.

So many precious memories as each item was taken. . . each sibling took something, and many of the grandchildren came and took something of remembrance of their Grandma.

The house needed some repairs and that took a while, it has been painted inside and out and we had someone come in give it a thorough cleaning.  Thursday the carpets will be cleaned and then the house will be ready to be put on the market.

I have been to the house numerous times and always manage to find some little something that I brought home with me.  My son had gotten some of her books and one was sitting on top of the stack and I reached down to have a look....this is what I found....


Copyright 1955 and inside the front cover was this. . . 


She would often right messages to herself in her books, they are so precious to me.  She was a sweet lady and an awesome mentor.  




So . . what else have I been doing?  

DENTAL WORK

OUCH !!

I now have a temporary bridge and have to wait  6 weeks for the permanent bridge.  I am very relieved that I have no pain, just a little soreness and so thankful to my Heavenly Father and a great dentist for getting me through the procedure.  


Practicing God's presence is constantly talking with the Lord as if He's our dearest friend.  It means praising and worshiping Him as we go about our daily business.  Present-moment service is seeking God's guidance, listening for what He desires of us, and responding to His direction at all times.

A Woman's Walk  with God
Sheila Cragg

Until Next Time

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back, Mary; I was worried something happened to you (i.e. poor health).
    We all tend to accumulate things throughout our lives, not thinking about what a chore it is to dispose of it all at the end of our lives.
    I especially liked your last paragraph in your post by Sheila Cragg ... I copied into my notebook of memorable thoughts. Food for future thoughts and practices!
    Thanks for sharing. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like one of those important books we should still be reading these days, but aren't. I'm going to look it up on Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet soul your MIL must have been. I hope to be able to live independently also until I die and not have to go live in some 'home'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful treasure, you found, in that little book! I know how you feel to be glad to not have dental pain. It's the worse!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that book with your momma's handwritten message is beyond precious. Praise God!! I'm glad the painful part of your dental work is behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was impressed with your question about dismantling 90 years! It is a huge question really isn't it? So sad to deal with a person's possessions after they pass on.
    I hope you have nothing but comfort with your dental work. It can be so painful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true and sad having to deal with possessions and memories after a family member passes on. I love her message of looking in the mirror. What a beautiful way to start each day. Thank you for sharing Mary. Have a day of blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have been busy with so many things...Praying for your strength and healing (dental). I know how difficult it is to sift through the remnants of a life well lived and try to save what you can and let go of what you have to. Glad you found that wonderful little book, with her own message to herself inside. That IS a treasure. I love things like that. Thank you for sharing this with us. Have a blessed memorial day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorting through a loved one's possessions can be so full of different emotions. It made me sad to go through Mamaw's. I was born in 1955! ☺ Hope you're back to 💯 after the dental procedure. Love you, sweet Friend. 💜

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!