Sunday, May 27, 2018

Sunday's Scripture

I Peter 4:12-13

Suffering for God's Glory

Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.


Trials don’t mean we are out of the will of God. They often mean we are exactly in the will of God—right where we’re supposed to be, doing exactly what we’re supposed to be doing. Fighting the good fight of faith. Standing. Believing. Because he is working all things together for our good…and more!

Unexpected: Leave Fear Behind, Move Forward in Faith, Embrace the Adventure
 by Christine Caine.

Looking out the windows while sitting at the kitchen table.  It's a beautiful morning in my part of Texas, the sun is shining bright.  It's going to be hot so I'll stay close to the a/c and enjoy the day from the comfort of my cool home.

Prayers for those in the path of TS Alberto,
 I know what it's like. . .that's for sure.



10 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful day here in North Texas also ... gonna be hot so I would imagine you will be, too. Trials are hard, but when we keep our heavenly perspective, we know He works it all together for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having a rainy day, thanks to TS Alberto, but we are not in the path of the worst of it...praying for those who are. I think you have a spam comment above, just thought I'd let you know in case you haven't seen it... praying for peace in our world today...praying for our nation, and remembering those who have given all so that we can live in freedom. We have much to be thankful for. Have a blessed and peaceful Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are getting lots of rain and there are flooding warnings and possible tornadoes, but we are not in the direct path of the tropical storm, thank goodness. Praying for those who are in the path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was away so just catching up with my blog reading. How special that you are in a Bible Study with your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Mary, Love this post. I am moving forward in faith and have made the decided not to blog anymore. Time and change is some of the reasons.

    Have a Blessed week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Mary, Love this post. I am moving forward in faith and have made the decided not to blog anymore. Time and change is some of the reasons.

    Have a Blessed week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your header Miss Mary. So colorful. We are having lots of rainy days. My little garden was in need of fresh rain but now I am praying it doesn't drown. LOL! The Lord knows what we need when we need it doesn't He? Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the flowers in your header....are those hanging on your fence? We're getting rain in Tennessee from Alberto... That amazes me as we're so far inland. Hope you have a great day, sweet Friend! 💜

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!