Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Summer Preferences

Borrowed this meme from Toni @ Treasures By Toni.

Summer Preferences:

1. Lounging by the Pool or Picnic by the Lake?
We don't live close to a lake but we do live very close to Sylvan Bay. We will sometimes get a burger and go sit at the boat ramp to watch the boaters come and go as we eat. There is a grassy area with shade trees and picnic tables that you can't see in this picture. It's so enjoyable in the spring and fall.

2. Shopping or Day at the Beach?
Although I don't do much shopping anymore (except online) I would rather shop than go to the beach.  I am just not a hot weather, sand and surf kind of gal. This cabin belongs to my  son-in-law, he and his 4 brothers inherited it from their parents.  It sits just outside of Yellowstone Park, gorgeous country, it would be so nice to spend the summer there. My 3 daughters and their hubbys are leaving this Friday to spend a week enjoying the cabin and country.  I would much rather go to the mountains and enjoy cooler weather.

3. Favorite Restaurant or Barbecue Cookout?
I like both!!  A family get-together for barbeque is so much fun!!  Mr D and I go out to eat often, one of my favorite places is The Cracker Barrel.

4. Sports Game or Flea Market? 

This one is easy for me, FLEA MARKET.  Because of health issues I can't do a lot of walking so I don't do much shopping anymore.  There was a time when I was 'junkin' every weekend.  Yes, that's what I call it. . . junkin.

Thanks to everyone who left get well comments yesterday.  Thankfully I'm much better today.

Until Next Time




5 comments:

  1. I love the beach, but that cabin looks pretty tempting, too! And yes, I'd hit a flea market before going to the mall, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed reading your answers to these questions. Thanks for sharing, dear Mary.

    Have a blessed day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a person who enjoys very hot weather either. Certainly don't go sit on the beach!! Reading in the shade would be more my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not as "into" the beach as I once was. My favorite thing to do is walk on the beach and I can't do it anymore. Maybe one day when my knees are fixed! The mountain cabin looks amazing! I like to go 'junkin' too, though I am over buying stuff I don't really need. Fun post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally able to comment again. I wasn't able to comment on any blogs these past few days. All is fixed (hopefully) LOL! Loved your answers to the meme Mary. Have a blessed day ahead my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!