Monday, August 6, 2018

Monday Morning Coffee Chat

A new day, a new week and a fresh cup of coffee!

Source: Millie's Coffee Corner Facebook Page
We had a nice weekend, I went to GLOW  Saturday and Mr D played music with his friends Saturday night.  We were up early Sunday morning and went to The Waffle House for breakfast.  Sorry to say we didn't make it to church.  I got up Sunday morning with a UTI, and felt bad all day.  Going to see the doctor today and get some meds.

Sunday afternoon I watched this movie. . .

The true story behind MercyMe's smash hit song, I Can Only Imagine details lead singer Bart Millard's abusive upbringing and path to reconciliation and forgiveness. This was such an inspiring story about forgiveness. If you watch it be sure and have some tissues close by.

Emma Faith:
My little g-granddaughter gives very good advice.  
Her MoM mentioned she was struggling in a conversation she was having with Joe (her hubby), Emma overheard as she was sitting quietly eating her cereal. She quickly informed her that if she's  struggling to talk to Jesus because he rescues.

Bible Trivia:
Christ is not a name, but rather is a title. When the Old Testament refers to the Messiah (in Hebrew), it is referring to the same “Christ” (in Greek) mentioned in the New Testament. Both Messiah and Christ mean anointed one.

Around Town:
I love that our police department's patrol cars have "In God We Trust" on them.  I've been wanting to get a picture but when I'm out I forget. 

Lyrics:
I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By Your side

I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When Your face
Is before me

I can only imagine

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for You Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in Your presence or to my knees will I
fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all

I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the sun

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You

I can only imagine 


Until Next Time
I can only imagine.





                

16 comments:

  1. Great post, Mary. I Love your header, the song, and your great granddaughter is so cute and wise!
    Hope you are feeling better today.
    Hugs, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to watch the movie Miss Mary. I loved it! And I love your little g-granddaughter's advice. How precious. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...talk to Jesus because he rescues."

    Wow! Out of the mouths of babes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to feeling better today. Love, love your great granddaughter had to say. Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drink lots of water, stay warm and rest. Hope you are well very soon, UTIs are horrid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We loved that movie too! So good. Sure hope you got some meds for your UTI. They are painful and nasty. Rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We loved that movie, too. What a great story! Hope you get to feeling better soon. That's cool about the police cars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely post to start the new week!
    I hope those meds act quickly to heal you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved that movie, too. The song was my ring tone once upon a time So sorry about the UTI... they're so painful. Hope you got meds for it today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness how cute is Emma!!!!
    I sure hope you are much better today. Let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. From the mouths of little ones. I love teaching them at church. They absorb so much. IT really shows the importance of having them there. That movie is so good. We watched it about a month ago. Both Hubby (who never cries) and I both were sniffing.
    Hope you feel better soon. I had one of those about a month ago. They can make you feel so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post, Mary. Let me say before I forget, I hope your UTI clears up soon. So painful!!

    Thanks for the Bible Trivia. Although I know those facts now, I did not when I was growing up and always wondered about "Christ" and "Messiah." I wish my Bible teachers would have cleared it up for me (maybe I should have asked ...)

    Preciously cute g-granddaughter you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it that your police have In God We Trust on their vehicles. That isn't something I've heard of anywhere else.

    Your little g-granddaughter Emma is SO cute! Loved her advice to her mom. :) Out of the mouth of babes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved your post and the movie Mary. The first thing I did after seeing the movie was to but the DVD so I could watch it again and again. I went around for days with the song in my head. Your Great Granddaughter Emma is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!