Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Wednesday Medley

Wednesday Medley


NATIONAL CROISSANT DAY – January 30



NATIONAL CROISSANT DAY - January 30

NATIONAL CROISSANT DAY

In the United States, National Croissant Day is observed each year on January 30th. Croissants are a buttery, crescent-shaped rolls that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.  
The key to a perfect croissant is laminating the dough. Laminating the dough is a process by which butter is folded into the mixture creating multiple thin layers of butter and dough. The result is a mouth-watering flaky crust and airy body.
Legend surrounds this pastry, as is often the case with a popular, worldly treat. What is known, is that crescent-shaped breads have been found around the world for ages. One of these was the Kipferl which originated in Austria as far back as the 13th century. This nonlaminated bread is more like a roll.
Credit for the croissant we know today is given to an Austrian military officer, August Zang. In 1939 he opened a Viennese bakery in Paris introducing France to Viennese baking techniques.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Stop by the bakery for a fresh, warm croissant or try making your own using this recipe: Croissants Recipe

1.  Well, I do love croissants when they are fresh, but day-old croissants need to be turned into a donut.  I happen to really like the croissants that have a donut-like glaze on them!  Sugar overload but so good.  So... do you like croissants?  What is your favorite way to eat them?  I love croissants fresh from the oven with butter!!

2.  Speaking of food... How do you handle stress?  First of all with a lot of prayer.   When I'm stressed everything I eat upsets my stomach. 😵

3.  Out of the negative emotions of greed, anger, jealousy, and hate, which one would you say affects you the most?  Anger, I try not to let my temper flare, sometimes it's very hard.  Once again, I turn to God to calm me down, I always find peace when I talk to Him.

4.  Out of the positive emotions of compassion, positivity, enthusiasm, and initiative, which one is your biggest strength? Compassion.   

5.  What do you get every time you go grocery shopping, other than the staples such as bread, milk, butter, flour, sugar... We always get some type of lunch meat and several cans of soup.  Canned soup isn't my favorite, I like my soup homemade but sometimes canned soup works.  

6.  Please tell us something random about your week so far.  Mr D has been 'under the weather' and had to go to the doctor.  He's better and I'm now I'm hoping I don't get whatever it was he had.  



Life on the bay ~ it's sunny with a low this morning of 49*.  

Until Next Time

Jesus put His feet on earth, so we could put our feet in heaven.





18 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your answers today. Turning to God helps heal all our emotions doesnt it? Sure hope you dont get what Mr. D. had...we usually get some canned soups too for a quick meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with prayer! It always helps.
    I hope your husband feels better soon! It seems like everyone is still sick or getting sick again. I feel like I might be getting sick again. I hope not. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't catch the crud Mary!! I love croissants but seldom have them, for that reason.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, indeed ... prayer makes everything better. That, a big ole dollop of butter. :) Glad to hear your Mr. D is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "AND, a big ole dollop" I meant to say. Wonky fingers!

      Delete
  5. That last scene is so gorgeous! I long for those days!! Hope you don't catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your hubby is better now and hoping with you that you don’t get sick. Take care of yourself. Have you ever baked a croissant?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your responses to the Medley today. I hope you don't come down with the bug Mr. D had; maybe it's time for some of that homemade soup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no about Mr. D...keeping you both in prayer. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry to hear that your hubby isn't feeling well. Seems to be going around. Please take of yourself so that you don't get it too. I know what you mean about canned soups...I prefer homemade, but sometimes Tomato soup is the best with a grilled cheese sandwich, and plain old chicken noodle soup is a quick way to feel better when you don't feel good enough to make it from scratch! We are pretty chilly here today...there's frost on the ground. Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite things is a hot bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich!

      Delete
  10. I hope you don't get the crud!! I love the pic by the bay! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes when I get really stressed, I can't eat. Same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you handle stress, dear Mary! And I can easily see how "compassion" fits you. Sorry that Mr. D. has been under the weather. Prayers for you to not come down with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had croissant french toast once that was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Once again, I turn to God to calm me down, I always find peace when I talk to Him."

    That is very encouraging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello everyone, I saw comments from people who already got their loan from Jackson Walton Loan Company, honestly i thought it was a scam , and then I decided to apply under their recommendations and just few days ago I confirmed in my own personal bank account a total amount of $32,000 which I requested for business. This is really a great news and i am so happy, I am advising everyone who needs real loan and sure to pay back to apply through their email (Text or Call ) +1-586-331-5557) (jacksonwaltonloancompany@gmail.com) They are capable of given you your loan thanks.

    Contact Mr Jackson.
    E-mail: (jacksonwaltonloancompany@gmail.com)
    Fax: +1-586-331-5557

    Address is 68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!