Thursday, August 8, 2019

God Is In The Closet

Remember this old Frank Sinatra song. . . 

I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

I was humming it the other day, it came to my mind from somewhere....! 
(I think I know from where or maybe Whom)

I was thinking about the words when the Lord clearly put on my heart, you should've been doing it My way ~ blessings would have been more abundant.

I've always been a 'take charge' type of person, if something needs to be done, let's get it done.

I'm sorry to say many times I stepped out without even talking to God about it.


When I left work in 1996 the Lord really started calling me into a closer walk with Him.  It was amazing how He worked in my life and how the Holy Spirit would fill me a hunger I had never known.  

I accepted the Lord into my life when I was 14 years old, He filled me that night with a love I had never known.  The feeling in my heart overwhelmed me as I stood before the congregation crying tears of pure joy.



And then . . . .

God Is In The Closet

I met my Lord and Savior,
Many years ago.
I brought Him home to live with me
Because I loved Him so.

I put Him in the closet
Because I had things to do.
What happened to my love for Him,
He's in there with the shoes!

Well, all those things I had to do
became a great big mess.
I couldn't understand it,
I did my very best.

Then one day I heard a knock
coming from the closet door.
I was my Lord and Savior,
My heart began to soar.

He ask me if I was ready
To let Him take control.
He straightened out my great big mess,
He straightened out my soul.

Now He's with me in the bedroom
As I start each new day.
Guiding every step I take
As I go along the way.

He's with me in the kitchen,
He's with me in the den.
He stays with me throughout the house
Whatever room I'm in.

He's with me when I leave my home
And face a world of sin.
We leave His shining light of love
Everywhere we've been.

He did not forsake me,
His promises are true.
I hold His hand tightly now
In everything I do.

My Lord and Savior is with me,
I take Him everywhere.
He's not inside the closet,
Why would I put Him there?

Mary Killough Hutchins
1999

Until Next Time


11 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post-a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful poem!! Did you write this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite an amazing poem...so full of meaning...and it really speaks to my heart as well. We need to take the Lord with us everywhere we go. I pray that is what I am doing, but I know there are times that I must have left Him behind. So thankful He never leaves me behind. What a great message today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That poem is so beautiful and uplifting! We need to let him lead us and I hope I never put him in a closet! Thank you, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that poem is beautiful and right after I press 'publish' I'm going to steal it and send it to a distant friend in need of a boost. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Mary, for this post, I sure needed it this morning, it is an answer to my prayer for confirmation. When you read my post this morning you'll understand. Like you I like to be "in control". Not anymore! I love your poem. God Bless you. I pray I'll never put Him in the closet again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That poem is so beautiful and truthfull! Faith is also very important in my life. Wonderful post, have a lovely weekend ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!