Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Hello October

Cooler weather blew in last night and it was so nice on the porch this morning.


Because the heat seems to aggravate my COPD I've spent most of the summer inside.  I ordered two new magazines, Angels On Earth and Mysterious Ways, which I have really enjoyed, along with the others I prescribe to ~ Decision Magazine from Billy Graham Ministries, Charisma Magazine, and Lamplighter Magazine from Lamb and Lion Ministries.


 I also take several newsletters, the one I enjoy the most is Dr. Ed Hindson's Prophetic Newsletter. 
Plenty of reading to enjoy.

🔆     🔆     🔆
A Fall Poem by Emily Dickinson
The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.
The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on.
Compelled by the dazzling color palette of her native New England landscape, Emily Dickinson resolves to be fashionable by adding an ornament to her fall ensemble. Although one typically imagines Dickinson staying classy in basic black or all white, the poet wasn't too chic to ignore seasonal cues when it came to updating her wardrobe.

🔆     🔆     🔆

Until Next Time

I think I'll go put a trinket on!




6 comments:

  1. Hi Mary.. Happy October. I always love your headers as they are so pretty and homey. Is that your home? I always enjoy Emily Dickinson and I believe there is a new movie out about her that I would like to see.
    Have a wonderful Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie!!! Thank you, yes that is my home. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. We used to subscribe to Angels on Earth. I really loved that magazine. Need to look it up again! I really enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my first Christmas magazine, Southern Lady, the other day!! I was surprised as I want to enjoy fall first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they start Christmas too early, like you, I want to enjoy fall and Thanksgiving first.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment!