Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Unwanted Visitor

As much as I love porch sitting I don't like the yellow jackets that love my flowers!

What do you do when you see a leaning trellis?  You straighten it of course!

Stuck my hand in between the leaves of the plant to reach the trellis and....

POP

and POP again.

OUCH, OUCH and OUCH.  


My son came to my rescue and prepared a poultice from baking soda and water.  It took most of the pain away, it's been a long time since I've been stung....so painful.

I let the poultice do it's job then took a benadryl and called it a day.  

Too much pain and excitement for this old lady.  😢😢😢


Here's a picture of Rusty and me.....long ago and far away!

Let's talk baseball.
The Houston Astros were up 2 games in the ALDS, went to Florida for the next 2 games and lost both of them.  Hey guys, what happened?  Tampa Bay Rays came to play ball, they looked great.😔 The teams will be back in Houston for the final game of the series Thursday....it's going to be a nail-biting game.
Go 'Stros!!

A Special Word:
The knowledge of God means more than simply knowing more about Him.  It means knowing Him more - more intimately, more personally - which comes through daily communion with Him in prayer and in the Word.  Let's be quick to say: "Thank You, Lord, for meeting all my needs, including my need for godliness in an ungodly world."

Advice of the day:
Stay away from yellow jackets!!

Until Next Time





7 comments:

  1. Wow! I am SO sorry for your encounter with the yellow jackets. They are mean bees. Glad your son came to the rescue...also ammonia works well to take the pain away, and if nothing else is available, a wet teabag will draw out the pain for a while. The benadryl and "calling it a day" is a good idea. Here in Florida we are happy for the Tampa Rays to be doing well, but sorry that it was against your guys. I have a soft spot for the Astros as our youngest son Scott was on the Astros T-Ball team when he was a little guy, so I always thing of that when I see the Astros and I cheer for them! And yes, I want to know God MORE...more intimately, deeply, and have Him actually living inside of me. That is is pretty up close and personal. Our God is an awesome God, and He wants to be known by us. He already knows us because He created us and knew all about us even before we were formed in our mother's womb. Amazing Grace...! So glad to see you posting again. I miss you when you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH....I know that hurts. Stings so badly. May you heal up super fast. Baking soda is good for so many things. Tis wonderful. God bless,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stings hurt so much. I hope it heals quickly. Thank goodness your son knew how to help you. Scary to think what we don't see sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch to any sting!! I am allergic and run screaming like a banshee if I see a bee or wasp. Bees are so important to our food supply though. We need to give those pollinators some love!! Love that picture of you and your rescuer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow Jackets are mean little critters. Hope your hand is feeling better today. Good reminder to spend time each day with God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only Yellow Jackets I like are the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, Mary. Hope that hand is better today. Love the picture of you and your son.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!