Monday, November 11, 2019

Veteran's Day

A day set aside to say thank you to all those who have served or now serving in the United States Military.


By the Grace of God my brother came home from this war.  He was a changed man, the happy-go-lucky young man that went off to the Navy came back a sober old man.

But he came back, he married, had children, worked hard to make a living and now is happily retired. Living on 10 acres of land, raising rabbits and chickens and dogs!  Like me, he loves dogs and the last I knew he has seven of them running around the place.

I found these words on facebook:

A "Veteran", whether active duty, discharged, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States Of America, for the amount of
 "Up To And Including His Life"
THAT IS HONOR.

War of 1812 [1812-15]
Mexican-American War [1846-48]
Spanish-American War [1898]
World War I (The Great War) [1917-18]
World War II [1941-45]
Philippine-American War, or Philippine Insurrection (War of Philippine Independence) [1899-1913]
Korean War [1950-53]
Vietnam War [1959-75]
Persian Gulf (Desert Storm) [1990-91]
Iraq War [2003-2011]
War in Afghanistan [2001-present]

Thanks to ALL who have served to keep us free.

Until Next Time

5 comments:

  1. Thank you to your brother for his service...my dad came back from 'Nam a changed man as well...I think they all do once they served in a combat roll...and some even in non combat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless our Veterans and God bless America!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to your brother for his service. Like the two of you, I love dogs, too! I'm glad in our retirement we can enjoy our pets. I'm thankful to all who have served our Country. God bless your evening, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post Miss Mary! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!