Wednesday, November 13, 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I'm joining in on Peggy's SWD meme

For Today


Looking out my window
I see a very cold day with sunshine!  Just the way I like it.

I am thinking
I need to get in the kitchen and do some cleaning.  Amazing how often that needs to be done.

I am thankful
For all that God has provided.

One of my favorite things
Our family Thanksgiving dinners.
Thanksgiving 2018 
It's wonderful for all the family to be together at the same time.

I am creating
Does putting together a jigsaw puzzle count?

I am wearing
I'm still in my pj's, it's a lazy morning.

I am reading
Invitation
From the minds of Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, Angela Hunt, and Alton Gansky, Invitation compiles the first four episodes of the Harbingers series, each following a different character.

BRENDA - The street-hustling tattoo artist who sees images of the future.

THE PROFESSOR - The atheist ex-priest ruled by logic.

ANDI - The professor's brilliant but geeky assistant who sees inexplicable patterns

TANK - The naïve, big-hearted jock with a surprising connection to a healing power.


The four find out that pockets of darkness are emerging throughout the world. Whether it involves a mysterious house, the unexplainable death of animals around the world, or an otherworldly little girl, each mystery they solve brings them closer to the ultimate explanation of what's happening. What will happen if they don't solve the mysteries in time?

If you're familiar with Frank Peretti you know his books are very challenging, very mysterious, and very deep, BUT always good.  I think I've read all of his books and enjoyed them all.

I am hoping
Mr D and I stay well during this flu season.  We got our flu shots in October, so hopefully we'll be okay.

I am learning
The more you lean on God the stronger you become.

In my kitchen
My kitchen table, a lot of precious memories happen here.
~ Christmas 2018 ~

In my garden
I don't have a garden, but I do have a lot of pot plants.  

Post Script
I found a new facebook page that I love,
I Just Love To Decorate
It's fun to see how others decorate their homes.  Right now I'm seeing a lot of Christmas Trees, a little early for me but I'm getting some great ideas.

Shared Quote
Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?
Corrie Ten Boom 

A moment from my day
Studying God's Word

Closing Notes
While we can't fully understand all there is to know about God, we can always strive to know Him better. And the more we learn of Him, the greater our devotion to Him. An increasing knowledge of Him leads to growing worship, praise, hope, and joy.


Until Next Time


13 comments:

  1. Yes, doing a jigsaw puzzle counts as creating. After all, you are making a beautiful picture out of a bunch of chaotic pieces. That wouldn't happen without a creator!!

    How awesome to have such a large family and the ability to all be together for Thanksgiving. Our holiday gatherings include others who, like us, don't have family nearby. I wrote about that today.

    Love that quote by Corrie ten Boom. Prayer is the only way we will have victory over the things that seek to derail us.

    Blessings to you,
    Patti @ This Beautiful Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that you have been married for 56 years! That is quite a feat in this day and age. My parents just celebrated their 60th in May, and my in-laws celebrated 65 last May, 10 days before Mom passed away. My husband and I come from a heritage of lasting marriages. What a gift!! You've given your children a beautiful legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love puzzles. Your kitchen looks so wonderful! I love the red check curtains on the short rods, just love them! Its too early for Christmas for me too and I will begin decorating the day after Thanksgiving. I need room on Thanksgiving for my family. There will be 9 or 10 of us and my house is tiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My house is tiny too, after we downsized my daughters started hosting our Thanksgiving and Christmas family dinners.

      Delete
  4. I got a little tickled when you said you "have a lot of pot plants". I wouldn't be sharing that so publicly if I were you. LOL. Anyway, I loved your whole post. I love your kitchen table...it looks very welcoming. I am hoping to do a puzzle after Christmas. Too much to do right now before Thanksgiving and then Christmas. We don't decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving is over and done with. I don't rush Christmas. The book sounds interesting. Keep us posted on how you like it. We are having a very cold day and very windy too. No deck sitting for us today! We would have blown into the pond! LOL. Have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week. Better hide those pot plants right away. LOL> I'm still chuckling over that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, I'm just now seeing this comment, don't know how I missed it. Bahaha on the 'pot' plants. It never occurred to me what that 'could' mean. Too late to change it now, but you can bet I'll be more careful in the future. lol

      Delete
  5. I counted 22 people on the picture of last year's Thanksgiving that you posted. If everyone shows up for our Boxing Day celebration we will probably be that many too. I'm sure you're relieved to have your daughters host the get-togethers. Here we have the biggest kitchen/dining room so we all scrunch together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am late getting to blogs today but yours is uplifting and a perfect for ending my day!! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary, I love the photo of your pretty table. I am thankful to have photos of both my mom's and my grandma's tables over the years. So many sweet memories of holiday meals shared there. We had our flu shots about a month ago too. We are trying to avoid crowds as much as possible. That's a nice family photo and I also love seeing your pot plants. Wishing you a pleasant evening. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. From what I see of your home it's wonderful and so inviting Mary. we are having 30 family together for Thanksgiving. I love big family holidays. Many blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Daybook, Mary. Yes, putting together a puzzle counts as being creative! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so lucky to have a large family, smiles. Hope you have a lovely weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely to visit with you today Mary! I just love your morning teacup, its a beauty! And your kitchen just oozes coziness! Putting puzzles together is definitely creative, and keeps the brain in working order! Blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!