Tuesday, December 17, 2019

I just love it when one of our daughters calls and wants to meet us for lunch.  


We enjoyed a great lunch and precious fellowship with Peggy and Hank.  These pictures were taken at their son's wedding a few years ago.

Although I love Christmas, I didn't do much decorating this year. Our oldest daughter is hosting our family Christmas, her home is big and she always has it decorated so nice.

  Sharing Christmas with family and friends is so special,  love is in the air.  I believe that's because Christ is Love.


Our tree might be small but it still gives a wonderful Christmas glow for us to enjoy.


When I saw this star on Amazon I knew I had found the Star of Bethlehem for my nativity.  Learn more about the Star of Bethlehem here.

And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.
 Luke 2:7

I was advised by my doctor to stay away from crowded public places during the flu season.  I've tried to comply and for the most part I have obeyed his advice, but I still have a life to live and I do get out for special occasions.

I find so much to do right here at home, I try not to sit idle.


One thing I'm doing is reading one chapter of Luke each day.  There are 24 chapters leading right up to Christmas Eve.  It's a beautiful book about the life of Christ, such an enjoyable read, very special for  this time of year.


The great grands all dressed up for a Christmas party, they are so excited about Christmas.  Except Merica, I don't think she fully understands it all yet.  I'm so thankful these girls are being taught the true meaning of Christmas.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

It's a special time to celebrate the birth of our risen Savior.

Until Next Time
Merry Christmas




5 comments:

  1. I like your cute Christmas tree and the lovely nativity.
    The great grand girlies look so pretty and so sweet.
    Make every effort to stay healthy but as you say, you still have a life to live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post. Love the pictures...and yes, it is always great when our adult kids want to spend time with us. Such a blessing! Love your sweet little tree and your Nativity is beautiful...love that star too! Your great-granddaughters are so precious. I know you enjoy them. What a blessing. Thank you for sharing. Yes, Christmas is the time for love. "We love Him because He first loved us..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, Mary. I couldn't imagine not having my son around, he still wants to 'hang' with us, smiles. Have a very Merry Christmas my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHRISTmas is love, most definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, yes!! Christmas is all about love. Those photos you shared are all so full of love and your smaller Christmas tree still glows with the brilliant light of this wonderful season! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!