Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Tuesday Four

Link HERE to join Annie for Tuesday 4


Home Work

Welcome to another Tuesday 4 invented by Toni Taddeo and kept in memory of her by Annie at Cottage By The Sea. Keeping a home is what this week's 'home work' is all about. It can be fun and rewarding and an outlet for your creativity.              


1.  Are you an impulse  buyer or do you weigh the value/cost/ necessity before you buy?

As a rule I'm not an impulse buyer.  I like to shop for what I think is the best to fit my needs at the cheapest price.  That's not to say that on occasion I see something I just "have" to have.


2. What do you really resent having to pay for?

I really resent and get down right mad at the cost of prescription drugs.  I am blessed to have prescription insurance but so many can't even afford that, they go without meds for the simple reason they don't have the funds to purchase them.  I wish I had an answer....but alas, I don't.

3. Do you have favorite brands of household cleaners, detergents, soaps? Can you tell us why you like them? Maybe you will give us better ideas.

I love Dawn dish detergent, it is good for more than your dishes. I also use Clorox Wipes and spray Clorox...makes everything so clean. Spray 409 for your stove, cuts the grease like no other.

4. What is a typical day of housekeeping for you?

Because of health issues I'm not able to a lot of cleaning. Thankfully it's just Mr D and I, so the house doesn't get too dirty. My day is making the bed, dusting and trying to keep the floors clean. The floors are the hardest for me but I get lots of help from Mr D.




“A man can work from sun to sun, 
But a woman's work is never done.”


Until Next Time



17 comments:

  1. I also have a 'Mr. D' who helps out, smiles. I enjoyed your answers Mary, have a great day. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was an easy answer to the prescription drug problem, too. Walmart offers many common drugs for free. We have insurance but we don't even have to pay the co-pay for our blood pressure meds at Walmart. I've heard that some drug companies will give folks life saving meds for free if you contact them and show that you really have a need and can't afford it.

    LOL That last picture looks like how I feel when I have to clean. I am not terribly interested in cleaning the house. I look at it as a necessary (but not fun) evil.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have Mr. D to help out Miss Mary. I too use Dawn and love it. Every now and then I will switch it up only to find myself going right back to it. Love to use GAIN washing powders. My man says it smells the best to him. Hope you have a great day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on a small space...I have a small condo and it is just me and the cats so it does not get that dirty - except for cat hair and my hair! LOL!!! Not sure which is worse but the vacuum robot is amazing!!! It does most of my work! I am now following from Tuesday 4 Meme...you can follow back if you wish at Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary: I enjoyed all of your answers.
    Wish I had a solution to your answer #2, but don't have one.
    Many people have this problem and it is sad for this county to
    have this kind of problem.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice that your Mr. helps with the housework! Joe does when he can but not so much lately with his shoulder pain and awful cold that still has him coughing. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvin does the floors for me, Mary and what a help that is. It just kills my back to mop so he takes over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They just raised the price on my prescription and I can't afford it. Just ridiculous and I thought Trump was looking into that.
    I enjoy housework and always have. It makes me feel accomplished.
    I will give the 409 a try for my stove. Thanks for joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary, my husband helps too. Mopping is hard for my shoulder. I love your header!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved all your answers! My DH helps a lot around the house too now that he's retired.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prescription costs are ridiculous. My son had one that was $2000/month. We had to change it. We just could not afford it and we have great prescription insurance. We only pay 10%...but that was still $200/month...ridiculous.
    It is really hard for me to clean too because of my back. I do it in spurts. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I pray for those who cannot afford their prescriptions, and I do pray our government will do something about it soon. We are blessed not to have many prescriptions, and the ones we do have are cheap, so we are thankful for that. I also use DAWN. It seems to be the best, and now I hand wash all my dishes, so I am thankful for it. I do use one of those little detergent wands with a scrubby sponge on the end of it to dispense the detergent and scrub the dishes and get down into glasses, etc., and it saves on my having to actually get my hands down in the water so much. I use ALL free and clear laundry detergent, unscented and hypoallergenic, and also unscented fabric softener dryer sheets. I cannot abide with the scents of laundry detergents. I even have to avoid that aisle in the grocery store. My hubby helps with vacuuming, but I do most everything else. Speaking of which, I need to dust and clean the bathrooms before our company comes this weekend. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm running late this week, but enjoyed reading your answers. Hope your week is going well! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I've finally got a handle on impulse spending and can go weeks without buying something that kind of looks like fun. It's been an ongoing process, but happily I've met the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was just looking back at some of my old blog posts and saw the sweetest comment from you back in 2011!!! So I thought I'd pop over and see if you were still blogging. So many of the bloggers that I followed are not there anymore...which makes me quite sad:( I enjoyed your answers. It's always fun learning about new people. Hugs & smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this was a fun post. I just posted about how I hate when good quality products are cheapened so that the company doesn't raise the price. Have you noticed a lot of boxes and cans of food and other goods keep decreasing the volume. It wreaks havoc with my old recipes and I don't like. I'd rather pay a little more for the same instead of getting less or cheaply made. There, rant over. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!