Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Whatever Wednesday

It's a gloomy day in my part of the world.  Overcast skies make the house dark and leaves me feeling blah.  I have a to-do list for today but I might save it for tomorrow and enjoy a good book today.

It's just that kind of day!

I've started a new Sugarcreek Amish Mystery,
 Blessings In Disguise by Nancy Mehl.


These books are such easy reads, light and entertaining.


When I say 'I can't take any more' God says, 'find your strength in Me.'
When I say 'I don't know how to move forward' God says 'let Me lead the way.'
When I say 'I feel so broken right now' God says, 'let Me heal you.'
When I say 'I am so depressed right now' God says, 'let Me bring joy into your heart.'
Let God's strength, leadership, healing and joy be the light you see

Symbolic of the Blood of Christ

Passover and the story of the exodus have great significance for Christians, as Jesus Christ fulfilled the Law, including the symbolism of the Passover. Jesus is our Passover. He was killed at Passover time, and the Last Supper was a Passover meal. By (spiritually) applying His blood to our lives by faith, we trust Christ to save us from death. The Israelites who, in faith, applied the blood of the Paschal lamb to their homes become a model for us. It was not the Israelites’ ancestry or good standing or amiable nature that saved them; it was only the blood of the lamb that made them exempt from death.


Looks like Easter Sunday will be spent at home watching Easter Services via facebook.  I think it's wonderful that so many of our local churches are going online so we can still enjoy church.  No, it's not the same, but it's still a blessing during this time.

We now have 45 confirmed cases of the virus, 34 of them are residents and staff of our local nursing home.  My heart is heavy to know these seniors are sick and some fighting for their life.

Prayers, Prayers, Prayers for Everyone.

Stay Well

Until Next Time




12 comments:

  1. The news is definitely not very encouraging as yet. Hopefully soon there will be a steady decrease in cases and the world can begin to be normal again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It was not the Israelites’ ancestry or good standing or amiable nature that saved them; it was only the blood of the lamb that made them exempt from death."

    Amen to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be an Easter we will always remember!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad that your nursing home has many problems. It is the same here in our homes for the vulnerable elderly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear this, it's such a sad situation.

      Delete
  5. Our nursing home has had 4 deaths...really sad, my friend. Keeping you and your family in prayer, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that this Easter will be one for our memory books! We will be watching our Pastor on Facebook too. It is such a blessing to be able to continue to worship with our Church and see friends checking in to say they are "attending". Praying, praying, praying here too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary, I did the same to my front door. I need to go take picture. We will b watching services online too. Our church is also holding a Good Friday service and we will be taking communion too. This will be the first Easter I won't be at church in my 64 years of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be very different this year but one thing for sure, Our God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow!

      Delete
  8. Love your front door. I want to do that too, but don't have anything red that will fit. I need to look. Love that you are reading that Sugarcreek Amish mystery series. That is the series that I am reading right now too. I have the whole set, thanks to a dear friend who brought them to me. I hope you are able to get all of them because you really need them all! They do go very quickly. I'm averaging a book a day almost! Praying for the people in your town/nursing home. May God be with them all and bring healing and peace to your community. Stay safe and keep focused on Jesus. He is in control. Have a blessed Easter. No matter where we are, Easter is real...Jesus is alive!!! Praise God.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!