Thursday, March 26, 2020

Wednesday's HodgePodge on Thursday

Missed joining in yesterday so I'm making it up today.
Time for some HodgePodge
Link HERE to join in!


1. Howdy Hodgepodgers. It's kind of fun to be back, isn't it? Last time we met was September, 2018. Tell me something big-important-happy-or sad that's happened in your life since that date. Just one thing. We don't know how long this current isolation situation is going to last and we might need to dole out our news bit by bit.

Sharing something happy ~ I've been watching my newest great grand daughter grow.  

She is discovering something new everyday and her delight rubs off on me.

2. Might as well get this out of the way early on...COVID-19. On a scale of 1-5 how serious are you about keeping your distance? Explain. fyi-I didn't create the scale but have seen it several places online. Also fyi-we won't only have virus related questions each week, but for this first one it feels right.

1-Not at all, living normally
2-Cautious but still going out
3-Going out as needed, mostly home or working from home, still seeing friends/family
4-Extremely limited, only going out when unavoidable, minimal contact with people
5-Full lockdown, no one in or out


Personally I'm on #5, my hubby is #4 because he takes care of anything that takes leaving the house.

3. Raise your hand if you think you might run out of steam in the cooking department before it's all said and done? What's something delicious you've cooked or eaten in your own kitchen in the past week?

Mr D made us a nice breakfast the other day.  Biscuits, bacon and oatmeal was the menu.  He had his biscuits with butter and honey, I had mine with butter and pineapple jelly.  A tall glass of milk and a hot cup of coffee.  Our table sets in front of a large window, we opened the blinds and enjoyed some sunshine while we ate.

4. What's a television show or movie you've seen recently (it could be an oldie) that you really liked?

I've been watching TCM a little more than usual, I watched Dial M For Murder the other day. I enjoy old black and white movies from the 40's and 50's.

5. Share something funny you've seen or heard this week.

If you're on facebook you've probably seen this.  It's good to laugh even in the mist of a storm.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

This isn't my thought, it the thoughts of Pastor Alan Neel of Life Community Church here in my part of the world. 

Acts 4: 31 After this prayer, the meeting place shook, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. Then they preached the word of God with boldness.

CHALLENGE COURAGE
Prior to this verse Peter and John had been called before the council and threatened for their faith. Upon returning to the family of believers they all sensed and felt the great threat upon their faith and their lives. So…. The church prayed. But, they didn’t pray that God would change their perceived persecutors or even the situation. They prayed that God would give them courage. In the midst of this worldwide crisis we as believers should pray for courage. It is this courage that enables us to give hope to a world that is desperately searching for an answer. Courage also changes our perspective on life, relationships, and the crisis itself. The courage didn’t come without the prayer! Let’s pray today and ask God for courage!


Until Next Time
Praying we all stay well.










8 comments:

  1. Thank you Mary!!! I am a 4 with the social distancing...it seems perhaps I already had this bug last spring (15-20 days of reoccurring pneumonia, fever, flu like, isolation, dr.'s couldn't figure out what or why) and I already have a compromised immune system. My bil, has had this nasty cough for 2 weeks, I'm like, "STAY AWAY!"

    ANYWAYS, the biscuits and honey sound good, hey, I put that pineapple jelly on my ice cream, grin.

    Have a great day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter thinks she had this virus in late Dec. early Jan. I am going to try some pineapple jelly on my ice cream!!!

      Delete
  2. Your great granddaughter is adorable, enjoy each moment. I'm a #5 also and so far my husband is too but eventually he will have to run for groceries! Sounds like a yummy breakfast. Love the spider joke. I loved your random thought. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just what we needed this morning Mary. We are still going out some mainly for groceries and meds....picked up a few meals from local restaurants. But yes. with your lung issues, you need to stay put. So glad your sweet husband is taking good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, your breakfast sounds wonderful. That's my favorite meal of the day -- even those times I have breakfast for supper. :) Your sweet g-g-baby girl's adorable. Yes, we could certainly take a page from little children. Thank you for blessing us with this prayer, Mary. Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen!! I tell every woman who has a husband who cooks that she better hang onto him! My Joe would have trouble boiling water, I think! LOL That little youngun' is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're being cautious and so far none of her grown kids have come by and we miss them terribly. We're so thankful that at least we have middle son and his family here with us.
    The spider joke made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing along today. I've never had pineapple jelly but it sounds yummy. Your great granddaughter is adorable. It's amazing how their little faces can fill us with so much joy. Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!