Saturday, July 11, 2020

FEAR

I'm sharing a video by Taisha Locke, she is the wife of Pastor Greg Locke.  I really enjoyed and agreed with what she had to say.




One thing she spoke of was 'fear.' Fear is of Satan. I have often read that 'fear not' is in the Bible 365 times, one scripture for each day of the year.  I decided to pursue that and discovered, it's not true. One source said it was mentioned only 75 times.

The Holy Spirit put on my heart, if He only said it ONE time, that's enough. One scripture to read once a day, every day, to remind us that we are not given a spirit of fear. 

 2 Timothy 1:7 says, For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 

 Notice the word POWER, He gives us power over fear, we just need to receive it. How do we do that? We receive that power when we read His Word, when we pray and ask for that power,
 He is so ready to fill us, to comfort us, to guide us and lead us through all that we find fearful.

 Isaiah 41:10 says, 
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 

 I encourage you to get in the Word, grab His right hand and hold on, everything is gonna be okay.

How about some peace...? Yes, He gives us peace too!!

John 14:27 
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

He has left His peace with us, you and me. 
 Doesn't that make you feel good? 

Until Next Time

There is POWER in the WORD



7 comments:

  1. So thankful for that peace that passes all understanding that can only come from knowing Christ. We are so blessed to be His children and to have that everlasting peace. Thank you for sharing this. I will listen to the video later. Have a blessed and wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to your post today! I chuckled thinking about the number of times a word appears in the Bible because it probably depends on which version one is using, and there are many, but the message is the same, regardless of whether it is written once or many times. Once is all we need! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post my friend. Have a great weekend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this tonight. In these troubled times, this is a comforting reminder. I hope you have enjoyed a nice day. I confess that we got out for a short drive and enjoyed an ice cream cone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful reminder for these times! Thank you for sharing it with us, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary:
    Such a lovely post.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Have a good Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Mary. I have had anxiety and depression and the Bible has always given me words of comfort. In January I prayed for a word for the year and He gave me the word peace in a dream. And so far I have felt peace. No matter what is happening, He is there, and He is our peace!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!