Thursday, July 9, 2020

Thursday Blessings

I've been painting birdhouses!  I have several on the porch that are old and faded, they really needed a face lift.  Of course red is my color of choice, it's such a happy color.


It was so cheery I decided to stop everything and enjoy a cup of coffee using my polka dot cup and saucer.  I must say, it was redhot on the porch so I didn't stay out long.  

I love to paint so while the paint and brush were in hand I decided to freshen up my welcome birds that are by the front door.


They were so drab and weather beaten, a fresh coat of paint brought them back to life.

Life has been slow, not getting out much, only an occasional ride to make sure the world is still out there.  Mr D wanted to ride out to Lomax to see his brother, making sure he was okay.  I love Lomax, a little area west of La Porte where Mr D was raised, where we were married, where my daughter lives and so on, and so on.  A lot of our roots are there.


Both are great musicians and enjoy playing together.


Until Next Time



10 comments:

  1. So many blessings, sweet Mary. Thank you for the many smiles. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your birdhouse. I have an old one that needs some attention and paint too. Nice that you could get out. I have my grands here today and they are playing with Legos right now. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you decided to get out and visit family! I bet those guys make some fun music together! Your birdhouse and your welcome birdies look great! I need to freshen up my pink flamingo too. I might get that done tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, Oh I love your cheerful bird houses and the bird welcome. Fresh paint makes such a difference after something has faded in the hot sun. How fun for Mr. D. and his brother to play together. That's a darling cup/saucer too. Wishing you a peaceful afternoon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely your newly repainted birds and birdhouse look! It's amazing the difference a fresh coat of paint makes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I sure like that cup! You did a great job on the birds. It looks brand new from where I sit. I'd love to hear Mr. D play!!
    I was looking around Laporte on Google earth the other day.Its a really nice place but I love all places on the bay ;)
    Yes, the battle is the Lords and I need to keep reminding myself of that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love red with white polka-dots. Must get out a little tea pot I have, which is painted thus. Thank you for the reminder.

    Hope your visit was a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright red! I use reds and teals on my front porch... Kindred Spirits! Hope you and Mr D have a great weekend! 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to see your comment today. I sure miss your lovely blog and hope you'll be back some day soon. Mr D and I are doing great, hope the same for you. ((hugs))

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment!