Monday, July 6, 2020

Porch-Sitting


On the porch is where I sit,
Enjoying life a little bit.


I love to watch the flowers grow,
and hear the fountain water flow.


The birds they come to eat and sing,
Thanking God for everything.


The porch it is my happy place,
God provided by His grace.


It's where I talk to the Lord above,
It's here I feel His precious love.


Yes, on the porch I love to sit,
Come on over and visit a bit.


Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!

Ours was peaceful and quiet, we sure missed the fireworks show the city has at Sylvan Beach.  We live close enough to watch from the porch, sadly it was canceled this year.

Hebrews 13:8
 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 

Things have really changed this year, one thing for sure, our Lord has not changed, He is the same yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever.

Malachi 3:6a
 “For I am the Lord, I do not change;

Today is a new day, the beginning of a new week and a new month, I pray it's the beginning of a decline for Covid19.

Until Next Time




11 comments:

  1. I love your poem about your porch! Very special! I am glad you can sit out on your little porch and enjoy the birds and flowers, etc. I miss our covered porch. Our back deck gets a lot of hot sun in the afternoon, so I either have to go out early or later in the evening to enjoy it. But right now it is too hot to go out much at all, shade or no shade! It is summer in Florida, after all! LOL. Yes, so thankful that Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever! We can always count on Him!! Amen!! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Mary. What a great poem and photos of your lovely porch. Such a peaceful and beautiful place to spend time with the Lord. Some of my fondest memories from childhood include time spent on the porch with my parents. Like you, I enjoy watching the birds, too. I pray that you have a nice day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely start to the day. Thank you for sharing it with us, Mary. It reminded me so much of sitting with my grandmother on her porch first thing in the mornings. Have a blessed and wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to come sit with you {{smiles}}. Have a beautiful day, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is our favorite spot at Grimmwood, Mary. So peaceful and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your porch and your poem! And thank God He never changes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely Monday morning post, Mary! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we had a porch!!!! We do have a back and a front patio. The front one, which my husband made, is raised. But it's still not a *real* porch. -smile-

    But then, unless a porch was screened in, I'd not be able to enjoy it. Because all flying insects *_love_* me!!!! -sigh- Not others. Me. So, I rarely sit outside.

    Oh well, a little thing, to complain about!!!!! -smile- 💚

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary, I enjoyed my visit here today with you on your porch. I was in my spa yesterday floating around for 2 hours listening to my praise music. It was great. Being still can be just what we need. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would be blessed to come sit on your porch with you. I wish it wasn't so hot because my porch is exactly where I would spend my mornings.

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your sweet little poem. I feel the same way about my porch!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!