Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Tuesday Four

Housekeeping

Welcome to Tuesday 4 in memory and honor of Toni Taddeo who began it a few years ago and now is hosted by Annie @ Tuesday's Place.  You can also visit Annie at Cottage By The Sea.

Today's topic is Housekeeping

1. What do you  consider the most important job or chore to do in housekeeping?  

If you pickup and cleanup daily your housekeeping chores will be so much easier and quicker.

2.  Do dishes ever sit over night in your sink?

Never!  I don't care how tired I am or how late it is, dishes will be washed before I go to bed at night.  It's an old habit from my working days, nothing was worse to me than to get up in the mornings, getting myself ready for work and four
kids ready for school and the kitchen sink full of dirty dishes.  yuk, yuk, yuk

3. Is being a stay at home mom a real career ?




If done right yes it is....'done right' to me means keeping a clean house and keeping up with all that goes with it. Household errands, groceries to buy, kids to take care of, meals to make and laundry to do, that can fill a day real quick.  

4. Can you share favorite brands of dish soap, cleaners, detergents or perhaps a tip on making house keeping easier? Thank you for your participation!

I always try to have bleach on hand, excellent cleaner. I keep Clorox wipes in my kitchen, bathroom and laundry room.  They are so quick and easy to use.  I love Dawn dish soap, it's so good for a variety of things.  

Until Next Time


11 comments:

  1. Love that first little illustration!!!

    Yes, to keep up with things, is the way, to not get behind. I know, that is so trite. -smile- But also, so true. Like, swish the toilet bowl out each morning, and quickly clean the bathroom sink.

    All day, we put dirty dishes into the dishwasher, and they don't sit out. Then do the dishes at night. Put clean away, next morning. Perfect, here!

    Always was a stay at home Wife, Mother and Housekeeper! Of course, we were married in 1958, so that was more the norm, then. And I am glad it was. Never had any desire to work outside the home.

    Thank you for this excellent post!!!

    💛💛💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not like dishes sitting around either. I am the same way, even late at night, I will clean up in the kitchen. Loved your answers! Have a great Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I am old enough to remember when Dawn first came out and folks were going around the neighborhood handing it out. Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I have a thing about having a clean sink. Mornings are busy enough without having to look at dirty dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn is good for many things and some mix it with vinegar for cleaning. I also like Clorox wipes. Thanks for joining in Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We must be soul sisters because I agree 100% with your views.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your answers too. I love Dawn and that's all I use even when other dish soap is on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with "if it's done right" I've seen some very lazy stay at home moms with dirty homes, and fast food as a regular meal. It definitely has to be done right to count!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right and I really need to do that daily. I've been slacking off! Yes bleach works well on our kitchen sink and Dawn is great for tough projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like we all agree on keeping up with the work and that we all like Dawn dish soap! I freely admit that sometimes I lack motivation! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary, I agree 100% about keeping things tidy each day. That alone makes homekeeping easier! And I can't leave dirty dishes in the sink over night either! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!