Thursday, August 13, 2020

Thursday Tidbits

My wonderful bachelor son vacuumed and mopped for me this past week.  Because of my COPD I'm very limited on many activities, vacuuming and mopping are on top of the list.  I'm so thankful that Rusty took the time to do this chore for me.

Rusty

I haven't been doing much porch-sitting lately, too hot, too humid and too many mosquitos.  My plants are looking tired. Even though I'm faithful to keep them watered, the heat is still taking a toll. I'm thinking I might have to cut some back and hope it refreshes them a little.  My geranium looks tired and hasn't bloomed in a while, 😧  I don't know if it will last much longer.


 I'm going to move it to a different spot and see what happens.

Today I'm watching Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte.  I have a hard time with this movie because Olivia de Havilland plays a bad character and Bette Davis is not easy on the eyes.  She is a great actress but has always lacked in the looks department.  In this movie they really have her made up to look awful and she played her part well.

 I think I've seen all her movies, my favorite is Jezebel made in 1938.

Tammy came for a visit, it's always good to see her.  Even practicing social distancing we managed to get caught up on family news.

Thought for Today
“Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.” – Albert Einstein.


And I will add, if you become a person of value, then you have a successful life.
Until Next Time,







7 comments:

  1. What a lovely son to come and help you!
    We are having very humid hot days too but not the heatwave that you havehad. It makes me feel exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that your son helped you out with the heavy housework! God bless him. I am not a plant person but hope moving your geranium helps it out. Nice to have a visit from Tammy! I'm sure you miss hugs as much as I do! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, our plants are feeling this heat too. We will be over 100 for over a week! Nice that your son could help you out. I was sad to hear Olivia De Havilland died but she did live a very long life! The old movies are classic for sure! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that he helps you out! I love old movies. I've seen a lot of them on YouTube too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having helpful children that live nearby and come to visit and stay to help is such a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of your son to come and clean for you. That was a wonderful gift. Re: geraniums, I finally had to bring mine inside. They were getting cooked in the heat and I didn't have any other good spot for them outside, so I brought them in. They are starting to come back and look healthier than they were, so I hope they will survive. I love old movies too, but have never been a Bette Davis fan. But she was a great actress...I just can't "warm up to her". I loved Olivia De Havilland, but not in a bad/mean role. She's too sweet for that. Amazing woman to have lived so long! The Einstein quote is great. Enjoyed your post and happy to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think geraniums would do well in the house! I'm going to bring mine in and see if they perk up. :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment!