Friday, August 14, 2020

Friday Foto Friends

We enjoyed a day out this week, it was nice.

First stop was breakfast.  We enjoy going to a very old Skillets in Pasadena.  It needs a facelift, and the padding on the booth is just about gone, yet it's clean, the service is great and the food is good.
We go here often enough that we know some of the waitress' by name, and customers too.

They have the best grits in Texas!!  I enjoyed every bite.


Here I am waiting to be served.  Do you see the pink tint in my hair?  I was bored the other day and that's what I found to do . . . tint my hair pink!  Tammy made my mask, I love it because the way it fits doesn't seem to interfere with my breathing, but only for a short time.  Once we're in we take them off.  The state requires it and I know if I get out I have to have one on.  I don't like it but I'm  not going to let wearing a mask keep me from my favorite places.

After we ate we drove to the Yacht Club, this is the back side of the marina.  It was a beautiful day, just hot!


From there we went to Sylvan Beach, the gulls were busy looking for someone to feed them.  They were squawking and carrying on, begging for food.  I really wish people wouldn't feed them,  I don't think it's good for their health.  They eat a lot of french fries.

That's all for this Friday, hope eveyone stays well and has a very happy and blessed week-end.

Until Next Time

12 comments:

  1. What a nice day out. Masks are being worn here also, in shops and cafes. Sensible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kinds of breakfast 'joints' are my favorite. I've only the instant variety on hand, but your picture makes me want to indulge ... right now. 'Scuze! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you, rockin' the pink hair! Love it! I always tell my husband when I do go gray I'm going to dye it some awesome shade of blue. He is not a fan of the idea. LOL Have a blessed and happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your pink high-light! Nice mask too. I also have a favorite that is easier to breathe in but, like you, I only wear it when I will get in trouble for not wearing it. Great photos and I am glad you got out for the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pink hair looks lovely on you.
    I wore my mask to go shopping the other day but I have trouble with my glasses fogging up.
    I have never eaten grits. Must be a Southern food because I don't think I've even seen them in the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess grits are a southern food, I've always had grits and never really thought about it. They are so good, if cooked right. It's easy to get them too dry, I like them creamy like in my picture.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love your pink tint in your hair! You look so cool! And I love your mask, if you must wear it, then make it a good one! The grits looked good too. I wonder where Granny Marigold is from (above)...she's never seen grits in the grocery store. Granny, grits stands for "Girls Raised In The South". Ha Ha! Our local restaurant is named True Grits and has a John Wayne theme. But no offense, Granny Marigold, my mother would never cook them or eat them, so I never had them until I married my southern hubby! (Even tho I was raised in the south...but we were yankee transplants!) LOL. Have a blessed and beautiful weekend, MaryJane. Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love 'Girls Raised In The South!' Made me smile. Hope your weekend is happy and blessed.

      Delete
  7. How cool are you with pink tint!! Go Mary! I am surprised you have to wear a mask with breathing troubles. Not fair but I am glad you have a mask that is somewhat comfortable. I keep praying God will heal you of this. At first I thought the grits were rice or tapioca pudding. Made me hungry anyway! Grits with sugar and cream are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sugar and cream are very good with grits, I like them with salt and butter. The mask does bother my breathing but I bite the bullet and wear it anyway. Not for long periods though, just long enough to get the restaurant and sit down. I handle that pretty good. Like almost everyone I find wearing a mask very uncomfortable. Thank you so much for your prayers, I appreciate them and need them. Prayers for you also. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the pink tint! I have had grits before. I like your mask. I have birthday pics at my blog. We ate outside for my birthday and we all had to wear mask to as required until seated. My mask is 4 layers and I can breath fine. I made my own. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great outing. Your hair looks great and I love your face mask. Have a great weekend. I will be back for another visit again soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!