Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Welcome to Tuesday 4 in honor and memory of Toni Taddeo, hosted by our good friend Annie!  Join in by clicking Here!




                Marriage...

1. How did you meet your husband/wife?

Long ago and far away I was a soda jerk at our local drug store.  Yes, back in the day they were drug stores, not pharmacies.  This good looking guy came in to buy cigarettes and the girl I worked with waited on him.  After he left I asked her who that was and I went on and on about how cute he was.  She told me he was her brother!!  Oh no, don't you dare tell him what I was saying about him.  She did, she went right home and told him.  A day or two went by and guess who called and wanted to take me home after work, yep, it was Mr D!!  I told him I would love for him to take me home but I would have to call my Momma to see if she would let me, which I did, and I only got her permission because she thought so highly of his sister.  That was May 1961 and we were married in December 1962.  

2. How did you know he/she was “the one”? 

 It was love at first sight for me, and Mr D never dated anyone else after that one night he took me home from work.

3. How did he propose?

Other than the proposal on it's own, nothing really special.  We were out one night and just started talking about marriage.  For us it seemed meant to be.

4. Do you have any favorite stories from your marriage or about your husband/wife?


WoW, after almost 58 years of marriage there are many, many stories to tell.  Let's just say I've been blessed with a very faithful and loving man who has brought many, many precious memories to my life.  He's always been so good to me, his children and his grandchildren. He is known as Dean, Daddy, PawPaw and some friends call him Hutch.  

Nothing you could say
Can tear me away from my guy
Nothing you could do
'Cause I'm stuck like glue to my guy

I'm stickin' to my guy like a stamp to a letter
Like the birds of a feather, we stick together
I'm tellin' you from the start
I can't be torn apart from my guy

Nothing you can do
Could make me untrue to my guy
Nothing you could buy
Could make me tell a lie to my guy

I gave my guy my word of honor
To be faithful and I'm gonna
You best be believing
I won't be deceiving with my guy

As a matter of opinion I think he's tops
My opinion is he's the cream of the crop
As a matter of taste to be exact
He's my ideal as a matter of fact

No muscle bound man
Could take my hand from my guy
No handsome face
Could ever take the place of my guy

He may not be a movie star
But when it comes to being happy, we are
There's not a man today
Who could take me away from my guy

No muscle bound man
Could take my hand from my guy
No handsome face
Could ever take the place of my guy

He may not be a movie star
But when it comes to being happy, we are
There's not a man today
Who could take me away from my guy

There's not a man today
Who could take me away from my guy
There's not a man today

Until Next Time





14 comments:

  1. I loved all of your answers today!!!
    Have a great Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story. That song is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe mary this was wonderful!!! And that's how it happens... if you have to try and try to make someone the right fit, they usually aren't. When you both just know... that's a good thing as Martha Stewart might say! I love this set of questons!! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your story and 58 years Mary! I worked at Wagner's Pharmacy right before I graduated high school. I love how you ended with the My Guy song. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...I think I told you my mom was a soda jerk for Woolworths. smiles.

    Your family seems so nice, I love it when you post videos of your family playing music together, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this story so very much!!! Made me smile so big. I was once a Soda Jerk too! LOL! Worked at a place called Raynor's Pharmacy. Served lime sours and cherry cokes. REAL cherries too! LOL! Love this song too. Got me singing it now. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun story, Mary!! And I sang all the way through the song! It's fun to read everyone's stories today about meetings and weddings! Thanks for participating today and telling your love story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw....I love your story! How cute and sweet. I like that you two just knew it was meant to be. That's how it was for us, too. No big moment. We just knew. Did you ever thank your sister-in-law for not keeping your confidence?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I'm singing right along ... My Guy! Love hearing how you were once a 'soda jerk' -- yep, I remember as a little girl being fascinated watching them work behind the bar. (Nope, my parents wouldn't let me inside by myself.) That was nice, your asking your mother's permission.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your answers. Your happiness then and now shines through every word.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet sweet story! (No pun intended, well maybe a little bit) So happy your love story has had a "happily ever after"!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love your love story Mary. What a great guy you picked up at the drug store.lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!