Friday, November 27, 2020

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

Thanksgiving 2010

Mr D and I didn't get out as we're still recovering from our health issues.  Since my last post Mr D was taken by ambulance to the hospital with heart related issues.  After many test and a pacemaker implanted, he is home and doing great. 

Family Thanksgiving 2017

My youngest daughter, Peggy and her hubby Hank are both down with the covid virus.  They were hosting our family Thanksgiving meal this year which they had to cancel.  Such short notice the family decided not to gather this year.  It's a first for this family and it left me a little sad.

Family Thanksgiving 2018

We did come together in a facebook chat room, that was great!  It lifted my spirits to see my family even if it was on social media.

This is a big shopping day, are you going to join the crowds today?  I wonder how busy the stores will be in this covid year.

Thanksgiving behind us and the Christmas season is here! 

 I'm looking forward to the warmth that comes to my soul during this special time.  Mr D and I hope to do some decorating next week, it will be nice to see the Christmas tree all decorated and twinkling its pretty lights, the nativity on display, the pretty Christmas wreath hanging on the front door, welcoming all who come, and the lighted garland around the door ~ and the daily devotions about the birth of our Lord, it's a wonderful time of year. 

I just can't resist showing this picture of Hazel Kay.

Who pinched my baby?

BTW, Peggy and Hank are getting better everyday.

Until Next Time




11 comments:

  1. Mary, I'm happy that you are getting better and Mr.D is home again with a pacemaker that hopefully will help him a lot. Thankful that your daughter and her husband are recovering from Covid but it's too bad you couldn't get together for Thanksgiving. It's a sad year but hopefully soon things will begin to improve.
    Hazel Kay has the cutest expression on her tiny face. Such a little darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, May your dear husband continue to get all better, also your daughter and sil. Family is precious and I hope the covid goes away.
    Blessings, d

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a scare ... both Mr. D and your daughter and SIL! Hopefully, this is the last of such blows you and your family have had to endure. That's a precious expression on Hazel's sweet face. Happy weekend, and Hook 'em Horns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping your daughter, her family and Mr. D. is prayer, sweet friend. I love your new look here...and I had to work at 4:30 am-1:45 pm. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel Kay is beautiful, even with her scrunched up face! I am sorry your family couldn't gather this year (like so many!) but we have next year to look forward to! Glad Mr. D is doing so much better (and you too). Keep us posted on Peggy & Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mary! I wondered what was going on when you didn't post again for a while. I've been concerned. Sorry to hear your hubby was having issues, but glad he now has a pacemaker and hopefully that will help him feel better. Also sorry your kids have the virus, but so thankful they are getting better. And that Hazel Kay is so sweet...yes, who pinched her? Bless her heart. What a sweetie. I am sorry you couldn't gather for Thanksgiving, but it sounds like that was a wise decision with all that was going on. Maybe your Christmas gathering will be even better than ever. Praying all will be well and stay well! God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally understand your sadness about Thanksgiving. We did get together with our daughter and her family yesterday but only because their covid tests came back negative earlier in the week. My mom and stepdad are keeping to themselves because of his health issues and our son has stopped talking to us because we don't share his political views. It was a first for us, too...and not really a good one, but we survived and we're healthy so I'm thankful. Next year will be a better one. Have a blessed weekend, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying for a reconcilation with your son. Yes, even though hard times come there is always something to be thankful for, that should be our focus. Looking forward to a better year. Hope you also have a blessed weekend.

      Delete
  8. Hazel Kay is adorable. Glad Mr D is doing well. Love the photos from past Thanksgivings. Our Son, DIL and grandson were exposed to Covid. They are well and tested negative.Their so called bubble burst!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!