Saturday, November 28, 2020

 Exercises!

When I was released from Rehab I had strict instructions to keep exercising.  My exercises are not the typical, they are for lung enhancement.

The weights are one pound hand weights, the yellow elastic bands are for stretching and the blue 2 pound ball is for tossing back and forth with someone.  Mr D is usually the 'someone' but he's out of commission for a few more weeks.

I'm not yet able to sit on the porch and I miss it so much.  Mr D moved one of the bird feeders to the other side of the house so I could at least watch the birds feed.  It took them several days to find the feeder and then they decided they liked the seed Mr D spread on the fence runner the best.

You can barely see them because of the screen on the window.  I think I'll ask Mr D to take the screen off for now.

Ashley, a good friend of my son, sent me these pretty yellow roses.  They look so nice on my bar, greeting all who pass by.


I shared Hazel Kay with you yesterday, today it's Merica's turn.

She was with her other grandma and wanted a popsicle for breakfast!  As you can see, she got her treat.  Grandma said she had a good breakfast too.

Just a little something from The Christmas Code...something to think about.

Can you tell me the full name of your great-grandfather?  Or anything about his life?  Chances are your own children's grandchildren will not even know you name.  What really matters is this: are your true roots in Jesus' family tree?

Lord, may I be more concerned this season about being on Your list than on any other Christmas invitation list.  In Jesus' name, amen.

Until Next Time



17 comments:

  1. Praying that you gain strength every day Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how Mr. D. arranged for you and the birds to see one another! :)
    I'm not familiar with The Christmas Code, but I'm going to look for it on line. (Sometimes the best presents are the ones you get for yourself!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you grow stronger each day. Your lil Miss is darling.
    Thank you for stopping by.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. My paternal grandfather was an orphan and was raised by the Catholic church...and my parental grandmother parents were John-Henry and Anna, my maternal grandparents were Harold and Elizabeth (I know their last names too, lol).

    Keeping you both in prayer my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my great grandparents name too. When I retired I did a lot of genealogy of my family and Dean's family.

      Delete
  5. Hi Mary, glad to hear you are doing better. Did your hubby get Covid too? I bet it is nice to watch the birds. Your exercise kit looks interesting. Praying you get stronger each day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr D and my son both had covid. Thankfully they both had very light cases and recovered quickly. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful yellow roses and adorable Merica.
    My husband has had therapy 3 times a week now for months for his heart and breathing.
    I pray you get stronger every day.
    Have a great Saturday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your continued strength and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful yellow roses and Merica is a beauty too. Thank God for grandmas that give a popsicle for breakfast....anything for that sweet smile.
    I do know my paternal great grand fathers name but that is all. More importantly I know, on my fathers side, his ancestors were French Huguenots that came to Britain for religious freedom in the 1600s. His parents were very dedicated to the Lord and sent their children to Catholic schools and Catholic colleges. My moms family sent all of their children to Catholic schools. This happened during the 1920s and 1930s. My parents were faithful in their belief of our Lord. I know many people think Catholics aren't Christian but that's not true. Every religion has those that are true believers that live for the Lord and those that just put in their hour on Sunday. Have a blessed day. Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's wonderful that you know so much history about your ancestors. I've tracked my paternal ancestors from the time they came to America from Ireland. They were also seeking religious freedom. Hope your day is also blessed.

      Delete
  9. Amen to your last statement, Mary! Merica is beautiful and I still can't believe she is that big already. Your Mr. D is a keeper!! (My Mr. D is too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy first Sunday of Advent to you and Mr.D
    I hope you both keep right on getting better day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that last quote about family/being on "Jesus' list" really hit me. I've been doing genealogy research this past year about my paternal grandmother who was adopted, and have finally learned the names of her birth parents. But the most important name to know and be known by is Jesus. That is so important. I love the picture of Merica! She has grown so much and is so sweet. They sure do grow up fast. I remember seeing pictures of her as a baby! And now you have that sweet little Hazel Kay to love. You are truly blessed! So happy you are able to do your exercises and also watch the birds. The yellow roses are gorgeous. I guess the "yellow rose of Texas" is a real thing! Praying for you and Mr. D to get well and stronger every day. And now we begin Advent...looking forward to the celebration of the coming of the Messiah! I love this time of year! Have a blessed Sunday today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a special lady, your comments are always full of love and blessings!

      Delete
  12. Catching up this week with you all Miss Mary. So, so glad you are home and have been truly praying for you dear lady. I pray for a full recovery with added strength. Hope Mr. D is doing well. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!