Wednesday, January 20, 2021

 

Hodgepodge Wednesday is here!


Play along by joining Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond



1. What's something we'd find you doing most afternoons? 
Various things, mostly enjoying a good book or when the weather permits, I'm porch-sitting.


2. Who do you take after? In what way(s)? 
In looks you'll see more of my Dad, actions, more of my Mom.  But mostly, I'm just me.

3. 'After every storm comes a rainbow' or 'the calm before the storm'...which phrase do you relate to more right now? Tell us why? 
Both of these phrases could apply to our country right now.  One thing for sure, with God, there will always be a rainbow coming.
When they put old Daniel in the lion's den
God put a rainbow in the cloud
Just to prove his promise to the sons of men
God put a rainbow in the cloud.
I try not to be political with my blog, but today I feel like Daniel in the lion's den.

4.What are your plans for the day after tomorrow? 
I do good to get through today! 😊

5. Complete this sentence-"After all is said and done_____________________."
Some glad morning when this life is o'er I'll fly away 
To a home on God's celestial shore I'll fly away

6. Insert your own random thought here. 



Until Next Time






14 comments:

  1. Loved reading your hodgepodge answers! God Bless!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers, and I LOVE "I'll Fly Away!" One of my favorites...and I feel like singing it now! Hope you are having a blessed day! I am trying to stay focused on Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be singing "I'll fly away" all afternoon now! Love your random thought Miss Mary. Hope you and Mr. D are doing well. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that last! And now I, too, am singing "I'll Fly Away"!! Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm joining with others' voices. Love that song! .. and love your new header photo, too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that hymn and am singing it now : ) Thanks for joining in the Hodgepodge today. Daniel is one of most favorite people in the Bible and I hope to be a bit like him too. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got stuck on that spiffy little flower pot.. I am in love with it and gotta find one like it!! Enjoy the porch it;s a great day for it. We may all soon be joining you down in the Great Republic of Texas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'mon down!! The little flower pot is actually a sugar bowl from an old set of dishes.

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness yes, I recognize them now. I had a few glasses from that set myself! Now to find out the name of it. Do you know?

      Delete
  8. I love all your answers and thoughts. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary,

    You're wise to not get political on your blog. I try to do the same but it's hard to avoid it completely. God was with Daniel in that Lion's den and He is with each of us. God is greater than anything. There is nothing that He can't do. I love your random!

    Thanks for sharing your answers. I hope when you find time, you'll stop by for a visit with me at Curious as a Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Porch-sitting sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed reading your answers to the questions and I love your random thought.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!