Friday, July 1, 2022

Rainy Days

  I've spent most of the day in my office/puzzle room.  It's cozy in here, a good place to be on a rainy day,

So thankful for the rain we are getting, it is needed! 


This is where I work my puzzles.  It's a very comfortable space and with my new puzzle easel, neck and should pain is eliminated.  



My next puzzle is one I've worked before, it's been a while so I'm sure I'll enjoy working it again.


You can see the rain on the window screen, it's kinda of comforting, as long as it doesn't get too stormy.


This is one corner of the room.  I love this screen and use it to display special things to me.  I will change it if something new touches my heart and I want it on display.  The pictures on the left are Mr D's parents and siblings.  The picture on the right is my parents and my youngest brother and his family.  In the middle is Mr D with his guitar.


Changed the calendar this morning.  Another month and 1/2 the year is gone ~ Jesus still hasn't come.  He's giving us more time to spread the gospel with hope the unsaved will be saved.

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ

Titus 2:13


Each month I select a new writing plan for my scripture journal. Appropriately for this month I chose
With Liberty and Justice For All

Today's scripture from Isaiah . . .

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me.  Because the Lord has annointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor.  He has sent Me to heal the brokenheatrted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to those who are bound.

Isaiah 61:1


PRAYER OF THE DAY

Spirit of the Lord God,
You bring good news to the oppressed, bind up the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty to the captives, and release the prisoners. You comfort all who mourn, and shower your people with the oil of gladness instead of mourning; a mantle of praise instead of a faint spirit. We will greatly rejoice in the Lord, our whole being shall exult in God, for the sake of the one who brought righteousness to life, Jesus Christ our salvation. 
Amen.

I saved this picture for last.  
When I was aiming my camera all around the room, snapping pictures I thought I would use in the blog, I snapped this one and didn't realize I also got Festus pooring him a cup of coffee!!
I love Festus and the show Gunsmoke.  I've been watching it since I was a little girl, the cast seem like family. :) Matt, Kitty, Doc, Chester and Festus.  You can imagine my delight when I realized Festus was in my picture.

Until Next Time



6 comments:

  1. Your photo with Festus in it has me smiling! I used to love that show, too! I always giggle now when I catch a rerun that Miss Kitty always has perfect make-up on! Shows are a bit more realistic now but that isn't necessarily a good thing! You have a lovely little nesting place, Mary! Your happy place!! Happy weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet to see Festus right there in your room. I love that. I love your photo easel for favorite pictures, and I especially love that puzzle desk! Now that is special!! I love the idea of it being on an angle. If had one of those I could maybe work on some puzzles again. I had to quit when I was having so much neck trouble and ended up having surgery. I just haven't gotten back to it because it does cause me so much pain. But I bet that would help a lot. I may have to show that to Benton and see if he could maybe build something like that. Great idea! Thank you. I love your Bible journaling setup too. That looks really well planned. And I love your calendar. I thought you had the same one I had by John Sloane, but that is a different one. I do love it, however. I forgot to take pictures of my new July picture for today. I guess that will have to be a tomorrow thing. Have a blessed and wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time goes by too fast, it was last year that we had the same John Sloane calendar!!

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful blog post today Mary. I enjoyed seeing your office area. The screen with photos and precious things is a wonderful idea. And Festus! I loved him and had a crush on Matt Dillon when I was MUCH younger. I thought it would be so romantic to live back in those days. And then we moved west for almost 30 years and visited many of the places in the old westerns. They weren't glamorous at all and the homes, hotels and kitchens were not where I would want to live. Lots and lots of hard work just to survive. The west IS beautiful though. No doubt about it. I miss the mountains and mountain lakes and rivers.
    I hope your weekend is full of blessings.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful prayer. Thanks for posting it.
    I recognized the Charles Wysocki puzzle picture even before I saw his name. We have assembled so many of his pictures through the years ( and often redid them after a year or so). I liked his puzzles because there was usually lots of colourful detail and not large areas of blue sky ( which I didn't like working on so I stuck that part on my DH).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, I love that Festus made a quick appearance in the photo! I love your puzzle room. It looks so lovely and so handy. I have to look for that puzzle. I like Charles Wysocki art very much. Have a wonderful holiday Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!