Saturday, January 7, 2023

Three Tiers, Past and Presennt

 I enjoy having a three tier shelf.  I like finding different arrangements for each month.  My first one was wrought iron, it was easy to decorate but the circumference was just a little too small, making it hard to fit some things.

Here it is for Valentines several years ago.



My new three tier, a Christmas gift to me, from me!


This is the top shelf, the 'guest of honor' is my little mug sent to me by a sweet blogger years ago.

This is the middle shelf, 'guest of honor' here is my tear bottle given to me by Tammy and my little bottle of holy water from the Vatican.  This was a gift from my son's girlfriend some years ago.

Psalm 56:8
“You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book”

The bottom shelf is where I placed the Happy New sign I made from scrabble pieces.


It looks nice on the bar and I hope to change the items each month.  I like it so much more than the wrought iron one.


As every new year comes I have this same problem.  What will be my word for the year, what will be my focus!  I don't know why I struggle with this, for the Lord always sends it to me.   Just now I was searching for something else to share with you today.  I found this poem and as I was reading I found my 'special words!'

A New Year's Plan

I tried to think of a clever new phrase—
A slogan to inspire the next 365 days,
A motto to live by this coming New Year,
But the catchy words fell flat to my ear.

And then I heard His still small voice
Saying, "Consider this simple, daily choice:
With each new dawn and close of day
Make new your resolve to trust and obey."

"Don't look back, caught in regret
Or dwell on the sorrow of dreams unmet;
Don't stare forward anchored by fear,
No, live in this moment, for I Am here."

"I am all you need. Everything. I Am.
You are held secure by my strong hand.
Give me this one thing—your all in all;
Into my grace, let yourself fall."

So, at last, I'm ready; I see the way.
It's to daily follow, trust, and obey.
I enter the New Year armed with a plan,
To give Him my everything—all that I am.

--Mary Fairchild

My special word for 2023 . . .

Trust and Obey


Until Next Time











9 comments:

  1. The new 3 tiered shelf certainly holds more little treasures than the wrought iron one did. I enjoy changing things up to and yes, Valentine's decor is coming up!! Lovely little poem. It brings to mind that beautiful old hymn. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  2. The three tiered self is lovely and a great idea.
    Trust and Obey, I thought of the hymn right away too like GrannyM. We sing it often at church!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! A few years ago I tried decorating a trifle bowl each season, but looking back it just came out borderline tacky. A trip to Hobby Lobby may need put on my 'to do' list!
    Trust and obey is a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put my 3-tier away but need to get it out again! They are indeed fun to decorate and change out with the seasons and holidays! Trust and Obey, for there's no other way....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trust and Obey, For there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, than to Trust and Obey. Wonderful words to live by. I've never chosen a word before but this year "listen" and "generosity" both came to my attention over and over again. So I will definitely be trying to listen more and be more generous too.
    I love your new 3-tier stand. It looks wonderful decorated this way. If there is one thing about the apartment that is taking some adjustment, it's that I can't put all of my special things out. I'm trying to get used to that. I do have a little lazy susan on the table that I could decorate a bit. Hmmmmm. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lazy susan would look great with some decor on it. Great idea!

      Delete
  6. Trust and Obey! Good words and great poem! I like your 3 tiered shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your 3 tier!! you've given me some great ideas! I have one that I keep in the kitchen with my collection of spoons on it, but I might have to search for another one and do some cute displays like you have. What a fun idea!

    And I love the trust and obey. So much more realistic than choosing an arbitrary word and trying to make our life fit around it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!