Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Tuesday 4

            HOME SWEET HOME        


Welcome! It's time again for Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4, hosted by Annie!

1. What styles of décor do you like? Mid Century?
Colonial Contemporary?

Of the three listed I choose Colonial, aka, Early American.
I know it's very passe, but so am I. 😊

2. What makes your bedroom comfortable?

I've never really given it much thought. The decor is cozy and peaceful plus I have a recliner that I use during the day. I spend a lot of time in our bedroom, so I've tried to make it as comfortable as possible.
A glimpse of our bedroom.
3 What do you think makes a home comfortable and welcoming?
For me it's the decor, mine is very eclectic. My home is full of things I love, from the furniture to the pictures on the wall. It's not any certain style, it's a mixture of special things. I have several quilts folded in my living room and one thrown over the back of the couch. There are several ivy plants growing and doilies on most of the side tables, which are not very many. Family photos are everywhere, I like having my family around me. There's tile flooring with a huge braided rug in the middle of the room. Some foot stools here and there, one which was my mothers and one from Mr D's mother. AND books, I have lots of books which means bookshelves!!  I've managed to find room for those! I also left our Christmas tree up in the corner, I packed away the Christmas ornaments, just leaving the lights. It gives such a warm feeling at night.

A comfy place to watch TV or visit with family or friends.

A cozy corner to sit and read or cross stitch!

4. Do you share your home with pets? Would you tell us about them please?

We have two very old chihuahuas, Buddy and Bitsy. I'm sharing a picture you've probably seen before but I don't have a new one to show you. They haven't changed much, just grayer, like me. The little female, Bitsy Baby, is so spoiled and is such a diva. If she wants something she will bark until you get up and get it done, that includes covering her up with her blanket. The male, Buddy Boy, thinks he's the big bad wolf and he hasn't got a tooth in his head. But that doesn't stop him from attacking anything or anybody that gets in his way. He is very loyal and protective of me, with that said, when the kids come I have to put him in his crate. He's a bad boy and I love him.

Join in the fun by linking HERE!

The very first Easter taught us this: 
that life never ends, and love never dies.
Kate McGahan

Until Next Time




13 comments:

  1. Your home is very pretty and your pups are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet sweet names for your pets! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your answers and so often say to myself as I read them___ "Yep, me too GM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your home. It looks and sounds very comfortable and welcoming. I know I would love to visit you there!! And your doggies are sweet, even the bad boy. I know chihuahas are fierce protectors. My hubby's grandmother and aunt both had them, and you couldn't get near them without those dogs standing guard and baring their teeth at you. Good thing your bad boy doesn't have any teeth! LOL. Have a blessed and comfortable and cozy day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chuckling over your pups' bios! Your home looks wonderfully inviting, and I agree. Being surrounded by those objects we love is the Best Ever. Take that, Martha Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pups are so cute and I love your descriptions of them. Don't we all dote on our fur-babies!! (not really a question) Your home looks so cozy and I know I would feel so welcome there! A fun post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colonial never goes out of style I think anyway. Its homey and comfortable. Its hard to find today. I was looking for some recently. I would love a braided rug. I used to have a few small ones my grandmother made for me as wedding gifts. I have no idea what happened to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home looks warm, cozy, and inviting.
    I like country myself with old collectable things. I would say my home is eclectic too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful, wonderful post. I really enjoyed ready about Buddy and Bitsy. Buddy sounds like the chihuahua we had when I was growing up. He was supposed to be my Dad's dog, but he decided he belonged to Mom and that was that. We couldn't even kiss her goodnight without him baring his teeth at us! But we all loved him. Our little one is a chihuahua/terrior mix, although she looks more terrier. Her sister, Lizzie looks pure chihuahua and is the sweetest little lovebug ever. They both are.
    Your home looks so cozy. I keep being told to get rid of things. Well, let me tell you, we got rid of SO MUCH STUFF when we moved from our big house in Spokane to the split level here in Omaha. Then again when we moved to the apartment. Nothing really matches but I love it all. Family photos, doilies, afghans, quilts, knick-knacks that are special gifts from friends. I have parted with all I can right now. No more please.
    Take care my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary, your fur babies are cute. There was a time when getting all the right things with the latest decor was important. Things changed when we became grandparents. Sold the fancy things and got comfortable and practical furniture. Pictures and books are important to me too! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the glimpses of your home and your fur babies. Your comment about lights reminded me that I have a faux tree with clear lights and a set of flameless candles, both of which I purchased for that cosy, hyggelig feeling weather winter or any other season. Enjoyed all your answers. Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the eclectic feel of all your favorite things filling up the room. I need to be more eclectic :) I would say I'm barely eclectic at decorating and then a lot too matchy matchy. It depends on the room. My office is a hodge podge, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Early american is a great style..my mom sometimes combined this in her decor. My home is the same...it's things I like or love and buy, I don't decorate according to a style. I liked your photos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!