Thursday, February 1, 2024

Hello February & Thankful Thursday

 Hello Februaty, it's good to see you again.

Our past few days have been nice enough for Mr D to work in the yard.  He's been busy weeding flower beds, edging the sidewalk and various other things to make our home look nice.  He cleaned the back porch from a lot of winter disarray.  It really looks nice again and we did some porch sitting yesterday afternoon.  The dogbabies loved being outside for an extended length of time, running and sniffing and sniffing and running!  Great fun for them.  More than likely we'll have a few more cold fronts so I'll enjoy being outside while I can.

I found this beautiful prayer that I want to share.  Hope you like it as much as I do.♥

 A Little Prayer

Let us be thankful, Lord, for little things -

The song of birds, the rapture of the rose;

Cloud-dappled skies, the laugh of limpid springs,

Drowned sunbeams and the perfume April blows;

Bronze wheat a-shimmer, purple shade of trees -

Let us be thankful, Lord of Life, for these!

Let us be praiseful, Sire, for simple sights; -

The blue smoke curling from a fire of peat;

Keen stars a-frolicking on frosty nights,

Prismatic pigeons strutting in a street;

Daisies dew-diamonded in smiling sward -

For simple sights let us be praiseful, Lord!

Let us be grateful, God, for health serene,

The hope to do a kindly deed each day;

The faith of fellowship, a conscience clean,

The will to worship and the gift to pray;

For all of worth in us, of You a part,

Let us be grateful, God, with humble heart.

-- Robert William Service

This will certainly go in my journal.

February brings with it lots of hearts and valentines.

One of my favorite hearts is from my youngest valentine, Peggy♥


Today's Thankfuls

  • For Mr. D who keeps our little bungalow so neat and clean.
  • For Robert William Service who wrote such a beautiful prayer for all to enjoy.
  • For my daughters, Tracey - Tammy - Peggy who bless Mr D and I beyond measure.
  • For my Lord and Savior who has given me so much mercy and grace and SALVATION.

Hope everyone enjoys a very loving February!

Until Next Time

Be Mine, Valentine♥





14 comments:

  1. That is indeed such a beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a beautiful poem. I think it being thankful for the every day little things makes us happy and content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beautiful prayer you shared with us says it all. I am thankful for YOU and it is always a pleasure to visit with you here!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little things mean a LOT! Yes, I'll be happy to be your Valentine. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, what a lovely poem! I enjoyed reading your list today. Love your Valentine decorations too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely list of thankfuls as well as the poem. Thank you for sharing it with us. I hung my few pieces of Valentine decor today. It's also my birthday and I always try to remember to put it out on my birthday.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday, I sure hope you had a happy day.☺♥

      Delete
  7. I wonder if that's the same Robert Service that wrote The Cremation of Sam McGee. Many years ago we took our children to see (an actor) reciting R.Service's most famous poems ( of which the Cremation of...) was one of them. My sons have never forgotten that poem after hearing it so well recited.
    Thanks for the memory 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think that it's the same person, but I really don't know.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment!