Monday, February 5, 2024

Monday Coffee Talk

 Hello!  Come on in and visit a spell♥ 

The coffee's hot the tea is too!

And I have a cup just for you.

I just love my coffee picture today, it's from Country Cottage Living facebook page.  I had a brick wall in our previous home, it really gives a lot of character to a room, if you like country.

I'm reading a new book, it was advertised to be like The Mitford Series by Jan Karon, and that caught my attention. It is a good book which I am enjoying, but I think comparing it to The Mitford books is a little overrated.  Just my opinion.  Still, it's an easy read that keeps me turning the page.

When tragedy strikes Leona Harper, the devastated pastor's wife summons her estranged children home.  But parenting young adults in a glass house proves more difficult than reinventing herself.  Determined to give her broken family a shot at a second chance, Leona begins the painful journey of putting one foot in front of the other.  Reconciliation and healing won't come easy in this zany, trouble-filled. hilarious walk-through-grief adventure.

It's my first large print book and I LOVE it, hopefully any future books I would like to read will be available in the bigger print.  It's so much easier on my eyes.

A few things about me other than my weak eyes:

1. I love Brown Sugar Poptarts, and have one each morning with my coffee.

2. I have one surviving brother who is 41/2 years younger than me.  He was the baby of the family and my mother's favorite, he was nick-named the Golden Boy. All in fun, he lives 2 hours away and we keep in touch via the phone. 

3. I prefer being cold over being hot but live in the Houston TX area where the summers are on fire.

4. I am 78 years old, 79 on the 24th, married the guy I dated in high school, and we've been together 61 years.  Geez, that's a long time and I wouldn't trade a minute.

5. I love God, my family, my GLOW sisters, my friends, and turtle blizzards from Dairy Queen.

AND . . .

1. I don't like hurricanes, the season is just around the corner.....BooHiss

2. I don't like marketing phone calls, I block the numbers every time and more will call....BooHiss

3. I don't like crowded restaurants and we'll just go somewhere else.

4. I don't like heavy traffic and we try to avoid going into Houston, the traffic there is YIKES.

5. I don't like that my precious Buddy Boy is so sick, I'm concerned what his fate might be. {{tears}}

Buddy Boy

A man walked to the top of a hill to talk to God. The man asked, ‘God, what’s a million years to you?’ and God said, ‘A minute.’

Then the man asked, ‘Well, what’s a million dollars to you?’ and God said, ‘A penny.’

Then the man asked, ‘God…..can I have a penny?’ and God said, ‘Sure… in a minute.’

Today's Turning Point

We often think everything is against us.  Discouragement piles onto discouragement, and we feel defeat in our hearts.  But God is the King of comebacks.  He reverses the tide, weaves the circumstances into threads of gold, and turns curses into blessings.  He specializes in working all things for the good of His dear children. (that's us)

1 John 5:5

Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Outside of Christ, I have been defeated; in Christ, I am already victorious.

Watchman Nee

FYI:


 Watchman Nee

November 4, 1903 – May 30, 1972), was a Chinese church leader and Christian teacher who worked in China during the 20th century.

During his thirty years of ministry, Nee published many books expounding the Bible. He established churches throughout China and held many conferences to train Bible students and church workers. Following the Communist Revolution, Nee was persecuted and imprisoned for his faith and spent the last twenty years of his life in prison. He was honored by Christopher H. Smith (R-NJ) in the US Congress on July 30, 2009.


Until Next Time







15 comments:

  1. Happy Monday morning to you Mary! I enjoyed learned more about you and also about your dislikes. I sure agree on the Houston traffic, although I think Dallas, Ft. Worth and Oklahoma City are even worse based on our trip last week! :-) My favorite place in the world to be is right here at home, but I do love our adventures too. I also feel the same about crowded restaurants and marketing calls.
    I'm so sorry that Buddy Boy isn't feeling well. I know God cares about him too and I'll pray for him.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely post, Mary. I love the large print books too because my eyesight is failing. I'm sorry Buddy Boy isn't doing well. I hope he'll recover.
    I've never had a turtle blizzard but maybe this summer when it's very warm I'll have one in your honour. (hey, that's a perfectly good excuse!) 💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary. I so enjoyed your post. I hope Buddy will get better soon. It's so hard when our furbabies are sick. That book sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I'm lifting prayers -- both for Buddy and his pawrents! I love the exposed brick, too and need to spend more hours out there (sunroom) before Summer comes and makes lingering imossible.
    These were fun factoids you've shared; I actually see we've several similarities. (But how on earth can you eat just ONE Pop-Tart? LOL) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful post today, Mary! I'm so sorry your sweet Buddy is feeling his age. They do own our hearts. Prayers lifted. I haven't had a Pop-Tart of any flavor in years. I think I need to put the brown sugar ones on my grocery list!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this was such a fun post, Mary! I learned more than I have in all the years I've known you! Wow! All good! No "boo-hiss" about that! LOL. Interesting story about Watchman Nee. I am sorry your "Buddy" isn't feeling well. Saying a prayer for him and you. Love the picture of the coffee time. Yes, I love brick walls too in kitchens, etc. Don't think I ever had one, however. You have a birthday coming up! Happy Early Birthday! I think you are a year older than my sister. And my remaining brother will turn 80 in October! Our oldest brother would have turned 80 last October. I'm the baby. I don't turn 80 for a long time. LOL. I hope you have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week. Praying for Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary, I had a nice time learning more about you tonight. My last two homes had nice brick and I miss it. I am sorry about your furbaby. We are on our third and I know how much love they give. I will keep you guys in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, hoping your Buddy Boy makes a turn for the better. Will say a prayer, for sure. Brown sugar poptarts! Love that you enjoy one every morning:) I have one brother (only a year and a half younger) and I think he was my mom's favorite as well. Hmm. Curious question - what is a GLOW sister??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry Buddy is ill...sending prayer for him!
    Watchman Nee...what a strong in faith was he... <3
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, I love this post :) And I also love brown sugar poptarts! Dread hurricane season, Houston traffic, and love that country brick wall in the photo. And that "got a penny" story...we used to go to all the Gaither concerts and Jake Hess would sing that song :) So fun! Have a wonderful week and I hope Buddy boy is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed this post but so glad I found it now. I really enjoyed it. I agree about hot weather and hurricanes! Really just enjoyed reading this and I hope Buddy can regain his health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS, I love that brick and have thought of doing that in my kitchen and my office in some form.

      Delete
  12. I'm so sorry your Buddy fur baby is ill, will pray for him, I know the Lord loves all creatures great and small! I remember the heat in Texas, so miserable. But the hurricanes were so awful. I would love to enjoy a cup of tea with you! The brick walls are very cozy indeed! Traffic - ugh. Nope! I am glad we live in a rural area where the only traffic jams are the slow turkeys crossing the roads, lol! Blessings to you today - enjoyed the thoughts on Watchman Nee, always loved his writings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the "Shoe" series by Lynne Gentry. I just finished the 5th in the series. Except for the 5th one - Santa Shoes, I was able to get them free on Amazon Kindle unlimited. I really prefer the real book but at least the kindle lets you adjust the font to make it bigger. But I agree wholeheartedly with you - that it doesn't hold a candle to Jan Karon and Mitford. But it's a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A brilliant read! Your post is both insightful and well-crafted. Appreciate you sharing your valuable perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!