Monday, June 3, 2024

 Hello June!

Mr D has a birthday this month, as does Tammy and twin grandsons Jason and Cody!


Talking about June birthdays . . . 

. . .What About June Birth Flowers?

The rose and the honeysuckle, two flowers reaching their peak during the sixth month of the year, have long been associated with June. 

Roses are one of the most recognizable flowers, often given as a sign of affection due to the fact that it’s long been a symbol of love.

The honeysuckle, with its tubular flowers, is a magnet for hummingbirds and represents happiness and positive energy.

June’s full Moon, the full Strawberry Moon, occurs on Friday, June 21. It reaches peak illumination at 9:08 P.M. (EDT) that evening.  I don't ever recall hearing about a strawberry moon.


Which of these fun June Days will you celebrate?

June 1: Say Something Nice Day
June 3: Chimborazo Day
June 6: National Yo-Yo Day
June 8: Upsy Daisy Day
June 21: Go Skateboarding Day
June 30: Asteroid Day

Since the 1st was Saturday I'll have to pass on the rest. Let's just plan to say something nice everyday♥ 


Weather Folklore

If June be sunny, harvest comes early.

June damp and warm does the farmer no harm.


Family News:

Good news to share . . . 

Jason and Hannah have announced their engagement ♥♥♥
They came to see me while I was in the hospital, so I knew this great news was coming, I just wasn't sure when.  They are great young adults and I wish them years of happiness.


Bitsy Baby had to go to the vet last Thursday.  She was suffering from severe allergies, we had tried all OTC meds for her which worked last year, this year no help at all.  She got an injection and has to go back on the 13th for a second round.  The doctor said her heart sounds like a washing machine and on a scale 1 to 6 she's at a 4.  Old age has caught up with my .little dogbaby. 


Until Next Time

“It is the month of June, The month of leaves and roses, When pleasant sights salute the eyes, And pleasant scents the noses.” 
Nathaniel Parker Willis









4 comments:

  1. I didn't know any of these 'floral factoids' or June days. Instead, I'm going to take your suggestion and say something nice everyday. Jason and Hannah look so happy ... congratulations to them at this new chapter in their lives! Lifting my prayers for your sweet fur baby; this is a hard time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the June "babies", and congratulations to Jason and Hannah! Such wonderful things happening. However, my prayers go up for your sweet Bitsy Baby. (((hugs))). Love all the fun June events, but I've never heard of any of them. LOL. I hope your June is filled with good health and much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard when one of our fur babies is sick. Hope he keeps improving!! You have lots of June birthday!! Great photos of all the June babies! I have a few in June too. Wishing you many blessings in the days ahead!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Jason & Hannah and a Happy birthday to Mr D, Tammy, and the twins. Lots to celebrate ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—.
    I hope the allergy shots help poor sweet Bitsy Baby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!