Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Tuesday 4

 Karen Carpenter sang about rainy days and Mondays always getting her down.   Can we discuss it?

1. How do you feel about rainy days? Do they make you happy or sad? Do they always get you down?

As long as it's not torrential rain, I'm okay.  Rainy days seems to make it cozy inside, time for a good movie or book, a nice blanket and a cup of your favorite hot drink, of course that's coffee for me!

2. How about Monday. Do they get you down or do you think that just might be a habit of negative thinking?

Now that I'm retired Monday's are just another day.  When I was working Monday was always a hard day and I don't miss them at all.

3. Did you play in puddles as a kid? Or were you not the kind that liked getting wet and muddy?

My mother would not let us play in the rain and never walk in puddles.  She always thought it would make us sick . . . but sometimes if she wasn't looking I jump right in the middle of a puddle. ☺  Wet shoes and socks always told on me!

4.  Are there foods/meals that you find especially comforting on stormy days?  Nosy people want to know!!

Not really.  Soup and sandwich is always good.  Because A/C seems to be colder on rainy days, soup would be good even in the summer.

FYI:  I loved The Carpenters and still enjoy their music. What happened to Karen Carpenter was very sad.

Join in the fun HERE

A BIG thank you to Annie for hosting.  

Until Next Time







7 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the bright and cheerful look of your blog!!! But more importantly. you really know how to spend a rainy day! I was really getting into the mood and since it is a rainy day here today, I think a good mystery story is in my near future! have a blessed day!!! Schotzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of 'naughty' (jk) little Mary jumping in that puddle makes me grin out-loud! I don't mind the rain so much, except our girls plant their feet and refuse to step outside. I wind up putting on their leashes and walking them out front b/c they think the rain's different out there. Ha! (Just who's trained who?)

    I really miss Karen Carpenter. Next to Whitney, I think she had the prettiest singing voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also so sad when Karen Carpenter died the way she did. I also still enjoy hearing her sing. I enjoyed your answers, Mary! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind rainy days or Mondays. I love walking in the rain.
    I was always playing in mud puddles. Once I even played in the tar bubbles in the road and went home covered in tar, My mom was not happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our long interminable winter days of rain are not my favourite but summer rain can be nice. Sitting on the porch with a mug of hot coffee and a piece of cake💗. I like Mondays. Weekends are enjoyable but I like getting back into my routine. I'm such a stick-in-the-mud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers. I sometimes like to just sit and watch it rain, but only if I don't have to go out in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was sad when she died, just as I was sad when Mandisa died. No tears in heaven, just praising the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!