Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Tuesday 4

 Howdy friends and welcome back for another of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4, hosted by Annie!

You can visit Annie HERE !

 I need renovations throughout my home and that includes the kitchen. So, I've been collecting pictures with ideas on painting my cabinets, replacing my 1957 kitchen window, my cracked tile floors and my rusty sink and damaged counter tops.   Could be talk about kitchens for a bit?

1.  Is this kitchen in the photo one that you would enjoy working in? Did you have one of those step stools in your home growing up?

This kitchen reminds me of my 'growing up' years!  I would be happy in this kitchen although I don't like the fact that there is no counterspace beside the stove.  I remember those stools, we didn't have one because our kitchen was too small.  My mama could have used one as she was only 5'2". I remember 'helping' daddy make her a step stool which I still have, a treasure for sure.

2. What appliances are absolute necessities in your kitchen and what can you do without.

Since downsizing a few years ago there's not too much left to get rid of.

3. What items are always in your pantry?

What most pantries have, sugar, flour, seasonings, canned goods, cereal, dogfood and coffee, plus a lot of other stuff!

4. How about your counter tops... filled with things or empty?

Our little bungalow kitchen has very little counterspace, at this point in time it's not an issue!

That little space on the right is just about it!!


This is our coffee bar which is beside the sink.


Faith can only come from a new heart, regenerated by God; therefore, faith is a gift from God. 

If you would like to join in just click HERE !

Until Next Time




10 comments:

  1. Love your kitchen...and would love to have the old fashioned one...I grew up in the fifties.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tiny lights make your kitchen looks so warm and welcoming! A while back I toyed with the thought of a dedicated coffee bar ... it's still in the back of my noggin ... brewing.
    The little step stool you helped create sounds like a real treasure. I hope you'll share it with us sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is warm and cozy and very welcoming! I always love your coffee time posts too. I'm glad you joined in and shared your sweet kitchen with us. I would love to come and visit with you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictured kitchen. My grandma had one of those stools and I used to sit on it all the time. I have one of them now!
    I don't have much on my counters. Easier to keep clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you have all you need in your kitchen!! Love it!! Another fun post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your kitchen. My galley kitchen is also small and has limited space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sat on a yellow step stool exactly like that one until my teen years. We didn't have enough kitchen chairs for the 6 of us so since I was the baby, I got the step stool! I love that kitchen but I do agree that there needs to have some counter space by the stove. I also would love that gas range. I had one very similar when we were first married. We paid $10 for it. It had 6 burners and 2 ovens. All with pilot lights and all in a house with no A/C and very high humidity in the summer. I wish I could have a gas stove here in the condo but it's not meant to be.
    I love your very cozy kitchen with it's lights and happy feeling.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both the '50's kitchen and also yours, which is cute as can be💗

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can imagine how much you value that little stool you and your daddy made together. I like y our coffee bar too. Thanks so much for joining in. And also the yellow in here is so pretty. Yellow makes everything look sunny and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do agree, there should be a counter next to stove. I love your coffee bar

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!