Monday, August 26, 2024

Monday Coffee Talk

Come on in and visit a while!


As if I don't have enough coffee mugs, I went and bought another one.  This mug is so cheery, a great mug for morning coffee.


A cheery reminder of the Goodness of God with each sip I take.

So, I went to the pulmonologist last week for my wellness checkup.  I am so thrilled that my yearly breathing test shows NO decline in my breathing.  Thank You Lord.  We celebrated with lunch at Baytown Seafood.  We had our usual, me shrimp and Mr D catfish.  It was so gooooood.  The next day we decided we both needed a haircut so off we went and alas, the shop was closed.  Don't know what's happening there.  Nothing left to do but go eat!  lol  We went to Waffle House and enjoyed a late breakfast.

We've been having 3digit temps, today it's only 81*, that's because we're having scattered showers and lots of clouds.  The grass and plants are rejoicing, they need this good drink of water!

I don't know how I managed to accumulate over 60 Charles Wysocki puzzles.  Storage was becoming a problem so I decided to sell them on facebook marketplace.  I bundled them in bundles of five expecting a good response.  So far, only 3 bundles have sold, and I've lowered the price twice.  {{sigh}}
 I'm thinking I'll see if the nursing homes in our area would like them, it would be nice if I could donate them.  I'm going to set on them a little while longer then they will go to Goodwill.  I'm not that crazy about them but I can't think of anything else to do.

Tammy brought us some of her great spaghetti with cornbread for our supper Saturday night, that's always a treat. She uses sausage as well as hamburger, it really is good. 
 Thank You Tammy.

Your Spirit is everywhere I go.
 I cannot escape your presence.
If I go up to heaven, you will be there.
    If I go down to the place of death, you will be there.
If I go east where the sun rises
    or go to live in the west beyond the sea,
even there You will take my hand and lead me.
    Your strong right hand will protect me.
Psalm 139:7–10


Here's a moldie oldie:

Dean and I in Dallas, while on a trip to Six Flags, in the summer of 1967.
Long ago and far away.
Sorry the pic is so grainy, it's just old.

Hope all is well in your part of the world.
Please don't forget to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

God is Good!
He hears our prayers.

Blessing to All









16 comments:

  1. When my sister was in assisted living, my other sister used to take puzzles to them all the time. The residents really enjoyed them. I love Charles Wysocki puzzles! I hope you will find someone to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love that picture of you and Dean...It's such fun to see pictures of how we were way back when! Really sweet. And I also love the picture of you with Tammy! That is sweet too, and especially that she brought you all some spaghetti! That sounds wonderful! Re: the puzzles, I am sure the nursing homes and/or assisted living places would love them. Oh, I love your new mug too! That is so cute. I know, I try to resist them as I have too many already, but then I see one that I love and there it goes...right into my overcrowded cabinet! I may have to donate some to our church thrift store. Or give them away as gifts. I enjoyed your post. Thank you for sharing with us. Glad to know your breathing test was good and that you celebrated by going out to eat! Sounds like a good excuse to go to eat to me! LOL. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have quite a few puzzles too but not as many as you. We'll do them over for a few years and when we get tired of doing one will give it away to anyone who wants it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several in my stash that I've worked 2 or 3 times. Yep, it's time for them to go.

      Delete
  4. My mom loves putting puzzles together! I imagine nursing homes would love to get some of them! Beautiful picture of you and your husband - amazing how fast the time flies! Love your new coffee mug! Blessings to you Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you two kids!! That's a great photo, grainy or not!! Too bad about the haircuts! Hope you don't have to find another place. Eating out is always good!! Donate those puzzles to an assisted living place if there is one nearby. They usually like games, puzzles, and books. Have a blessed week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun in this post. Congratulations on getting a good grade on your breathing test. No "F's" for you! Ha! I love that cup too. It's so happy and cheerful. The assisted living where Mom lives always has three puzzles going in the huge great room. Everyone who walks by adds a piece or two, including me!
    I love that photo of your and your sweetheart. I was seven when it was taken. Born in 1960. I'm looking up these days as I feel the time for the rapture getting SO close. Wouldn't that be wonderful?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the rapture is so close, and yes, it would/will be wonderful!

      Delete
  7. So good that your breathing tests were positive. It's always a worry waiting for results but yours were worth waiting for! I do like your pretty mug. We all need lots of mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well darn, it looks like that naughty Blog monster ate my comment. Trying (and failing) to remember what all I said yesterday, but I know it included a big way-to-go(!) on the pulmonary function test. Love the snapshot of you and Mr. D. I remember that time when 'things' seemed to be kinder, gentler.
    Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!