Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Tuesday 4

 Dark Academia...

 

Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4, hosted by Annie!  Toni loved to have people open their minds and think about things .. think into things.  Let's try that this week okay?      
 A popular trend in home décor and mood background music is called  *Dark Academia and it is based on novels set on old university campuses that have secrets, love affairs, mystery and the scenes and mood these novels evoke.    Velvet sofas, old books, Victorian wallpaper, deep high back chairs, antique photos and paintings,  candles, romantic lighting and classical music are all part of it.

1. Does this picture evoke any feelings in you? If so share what they are please. What is the mood it sets for you?

My first thought was a horror movie, with Jack the Ripper lurking in the dark corners.  eeeek

2. Put yourself into this scene.  Where are you going?

I'm heading to Texas!!!

3. Do you have a companion or are you going to meet someone? Who is it?

It's Mr D. he's carrying me away to open skies and the ranch. . . . in Texas.

4. Using your imagination describe who and what you find inside the foreground building.  Is it a restaurant, library, academic building, a home?  

I think it's a library, and Vincent Price is setting in his velvet chair waiting for some innocent to come in so he can take her to the basement through hidden corridors.  She is caged down there with Igor standing guard.  EEEKK  EEEKK

                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Dark Academia is a style steeped in the romanticism of literary nostalgia and the academic aesthetic of classical architecture and arts. Originating in the hall of Ivy-covered universities, this style speaks to those who yearn for an era of structured elegance and intellectual pursuit.

Sorry I got so carried away, just played out what my first reaction was to the picture.  I guess I'm not very romantic.  {{sigh}}

Thank you  Annie, this was fun.

If you would like to play along just click HERE.

         Blessings to All
        Until Next Time









17 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your answers. I can imagine Vincent Price sitting there just like you said. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great to meet Vincet Price! He also makes me think of Michael Jackson and Thriller. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your impressions are fun. Vincent Price, I can just see him now! I miss Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, Vincent Price! His movies were always so scary. The only time I saw him play a good guy was in the movie Laura. My grand daughter just got back from a week in Texas. She loved it! She went with a girl friend of hers and they had such a great time. She fell in love with BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mary for a good laugh this morning. I loved your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that was fun, Mary! I really didn't expect this reaction from you, so that makes it even more fun! Texas sounds like a good place to be going. Do they have houses like this in Texas??? EEEK, I think I see one now! LOL. Such fun. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Vincent Price. He gets blamed for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers Mary. I think the building looks a lot like the neighborhood pub in our son's area of London.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Mary Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. Unfortunately, I accidently deleted it. Just want you to know it wasn't on purpose! LOL Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!