Thursday, October 11, 2018

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for the kindness of a stranger.


Yesterday I was shopping at Penney's, they had a great sale on their jewelry.  I was at the jewelry counter ready to check out, I had 4 necklaces, 1 bracelet and a new watch.  I was pleasantly surprised when the clerk told me the final amount, it was a great sale.  As I went to pay she asked me if I had any coupons, which I didn't.  There was a lady waiting her turn and she said, "I have some coupons!"  She had a hand full of coupons which she laid on the counter.  I think I was standing their in shock!!  The clerk found one for 25% off, she asked the lady if she was going to use that particular coupon and the lady said said NO...

I got an additional 25% off my purchase because this lady, a total stranger offered her coupon.  I couldn't thank her enough, and told her how much she had blessed me.  She was very gracious and we talked for a moment and I told her I hoped someone would "pay it forward" and be as kind to her as she had been to me.

That's when she asked me to pray for her daughter who had just had surgery.  I asked for her daughter's first time and told her I would certainly pray for her.  When I was leaving the store there was a bench in the entry, I sat there while waiting for Mr D to bring the car around.

The need to pray for this lady's daughter was so strong, I prayed for her right there.

Yes, not only am I grateful for this lady's kindness, I am thankful that God used me to be a prayer warrior for her daughter.


11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story of God at work in the middle of the Penney's store! Isn't it amazing the ways God finds to bless us, even in little things as well as the big? Praying for your new friend's daughter is now on my heart too. The blessing is being multiplied. Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got bargains. How lovely. I have you on my list. Are you not excepting new friends Mary?
    Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blessing Mary! You encouraged me this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious how God ordained you and this lady to come together "for such a time as this". Love you, my Friend. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your story. God is so good to bless us in ways we never expected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it wonderful that we can enter the throne room of God in prayer at any time and any place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an encouraging, lovely story.
    You were in the right place at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely story and testimony!! God does work his wonders through each of us - we sometimes just need to pay attention!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kindness is often in short supply these days. Thank you for sharing your delightful experience with the lady with the coupons. And I'm probably not your only blog reader who is also praying for this lady's daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!