Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Christmas Rambles

It's really been peaceful this week.  Not much happening, just me and Mr D enjoying Christmas around the house.  It's nice, usually things are hectic this time of year, it must be because we have stopped so many activities of years past.  And I have to say, I haven't missed them at all.

That's where we are in our life and it's very enjoyable.  Not to say past Christmas' haven't been great, but we were younger then, what once was fun has passed leaving precious memories.  Now we seek less stress and noise and seek more peaceful activities.

Our family Christmas party is on the 22nd and we're looking forward to having all the family together once again.  Now that's not peaceful, but it's one activity we'll never give up. There is nothing better than being with family this time of year.

Santa was at church Sunday, Ava and Emma loved their visit with him.

My GLOW group had their Christmas party last Saturday.  We had such a good time.
The lady that had my name gifted me with this beautiful bracelet.  She knows how much I love bracelets, I wear one everyday!

One of the ladies gave each of us this small pocket calendar.
Isn't that a sweet verse? 



Until Next Time


7 comments:

  1. 'Less stress. less noise'....I'm with you! However, a family time is always welcome, but we do need those quieter moments nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bracelet from your secret Santa is so nice. It looks like one you will treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the braclet and the pocket calendar too. I prefer the quieter times these days but being with family is still important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely that your secret Santa knows you well enough to buy a gift you're sure to like. I must say, I've never heard of Santa visiting a church,
    but I guess Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. With Marvin fully retiring on January 4th, our lives will change for sure but as you say, each season of life has its blessings. We are slowing down some and that is ok. Love the pretty bracelet. Those ladies sound like the perfect friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bracelet!! How wonderful!! I'm late getting around to blogs today! Yours always lifts me up!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bracelet too...and that calendar with the sisters verse...that is priceless...I love our Sisters in the Lord...sometimes we are closer than real sisters. Yes, less stress and more peace...that is where we are...I was going to go out Christmas shopping today, and decided to do it from my desk instead...I'm just learning how wonderful that is...no stress of crowds, traffic, lines...but I miss looking at stuff and getting ideas! I may still have to take a little shopping trip just to look and the sights and sounds.,but then again...maybe not....I like my own tree and decorations and music just fine!! LOL. Loved your post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!