Saturday, December 15, 2018

Cranberry Celebration

I really don't care for cranberries!!  

At the GLOW Christmas Party I was introduced to something new ~ Cranberry Celebration ~ and it is delicious.  I am so surprised because I really don't care for cranberries. 

You can find this deliciousness in the deli section of Kroger.  I was curious about the ingredients so I went online and look what I found.

Cranberry Celebration Salad: 
Kroger's Recipe

WoW Kroger, thanks for sharing!


Ingredients

15 oz. pineapple, crushed
1 can (15 oz.) cranberry sauce with whole cranberries
½ cup cranberry juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 package (3 oz.) raspberry (or cherry) JELL-O gelatin
½ cup walnuts, chopped medium fine

Instructions

Drain the pineapple and reserve juice.
In a pot, blend pineapple juice, cranberry juice and lemon juice together. Bring to a boil and add Jell-O powder, stirring thoroughly!

Add the can of cranberry sauce and combine well.
Transfer to a bowl and set in the fridge for approximately 1.5 hours or until the mixture begins to set. 

Add walnuts and pineapple. Stir well. 

Return to the fridge to set. The mixture will not set up as firm as regular gelatin does.
Before serving, give mixture a good stir.

You never know, I might want some one day and it might be sold out. 😀😀😀

AND, some of you might not have a Kroger Store in your area.


Until Next Time


9 comments:

  1. I LOVE cranberries!

    All our Krogers are turning into Harris Teeters. Sad...they always had things that were hard to find elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love cranberries here in the D'Orsaneo house and especially a good cranberry jello salad. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe and I love that name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make a similar cranberry gelatin salad at Christmas. I also add some chopped apples to the mixture, and if I have any fresh oranges, I may add some small sections to the mix. (I cut them out of the sections). Anyway, It all is good. Put a dollop of whipped cream on top and you've really got something!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good Pamela, I was thinking about cherries, bet they would be good too.

      Delete
  5. I make cranberry sauce at Christmas and have started experimenting with additions. Last year I added raspberries and finely chopped jalapenos. Maybe this year I'll try crushed pineapple too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jalapenos would really add some POP. My family would love it.

      Delete
  6. I don't like the cranberry itself but I do like the sweeten dried ones I found at my grocery store. This sounds good!
    Have a blessed Sonday Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!