Saturday, November 30, 2019

The Saturday After. . .

 . . . Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

I've never shopped on black Friday, I'm just not one to fight the crowds and mania that goes on in the stores.  People get crazy.  lol

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, hope you did too.  Now that the grands are grown, some married, it's getting hard for us ALL to be together at the same time.  We had 25 at the table Thursday, and that was with four absent.  Three great grands were with their Dad and one grand daughter was with her new beau and his family.

Something very unusual for this family is we didn't get a lot of pictures.  I don't know why, it just happened.

This is the only picture of Me and Mr D, I started not to share because Dean wasn't quite ready when the picture was taken.  I think he'll forgive me! 😊😊😊

Our Menu:
Turkey
Ham
Dressing
Giblet Gravy
Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes (Valerie's Secret Recipe)
Baked Carrots (Maegan's New Recipe)
Green Bean Casserole
Pea Salad
Mac and Cheese
Sweet Tea

Pecan Pie
Brown Sugar Chews
Apple Brownies
Hot Coffee

Gobble Gobble
Wobble Wobble

Mr D and our son Rusty put out some of the outdoor Christmas decorations yesterday, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!


Welcome


A Child is born.

For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11

Trying to get more done in the house today, hopefully I'll finish.  

I've been watching the weather up north, wow, it's really blowing there.  Here in my part of Texas it's 76 degrees, wet, humid and just plain nasty.   Sunshine and cooler temps are forecast for tomorrow and that makes me happy.

Looking forward to a wonderful Christmas Season as we celebrate the birth our Lord.

Until Next Time





9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful meal together with those who could come. I love your Christmas decor and look forward to you sharing more pictures. We have had partly cloudy skies and the remainder of our leaves have fallen in the last couple of days. Take care and enjoy the decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have such a big family meal together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your header and background and enjoyed hearing about your Thanksgiving gathering. The menu sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You had a wonderful family gathering for Thanksgiving and your menu sounds delicious! It's beginning to look a little like Christmas here. We still have to get the tree up and decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you had a lovely Thanksgiving gathering. The food sounds wonderful.
    We also have a problem with the family not fitting very well into the space we have but we have the biggest dining room and it means a lot to the family to gather here so that's what we do. It remains to be seen how many will be here at Christmas... maybe 20.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a great picture of the 2 of you! Also, I love your new background. SO festive!

    Wow, y'all had a houseful with 25 at your Thanksgiving table. That is 5 times as many as I had. I always wanted a big family, but that wasn't God's plan for me, and our invited guests ended up having to cancel, so it was only 5 at our table.

    I'm not a Black Friday shopper either. I did it once---way back in 1997---and I don't think it was called Black Friday then. I was overwhelmed by the crowds and the mayhem, and I decided I never needed to do that again!

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum on your menu...and let me tell you Mary, we are expecting a major winter storm here and also, you guys look great!!! SMILES

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just getting around to reading...You had quite the crowd gathered for your Thanksgiving day! We had 14 of us, which was enough for this house. I am sorry you didn't get any pictures of your group...I know how hard it is to round everyone up and get them to stand or sit still long enough to take a few pictures. We managed, thanks to my niece and her remote thingy for her camera! that helped. But you have the memories of the good food, warm hugs and much laughter I am sure. That is what lingers in the mind and heart. Precious memories. God bless you and enjoy getting ready for Christmas now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!