Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Tuesday 4

Time to join Annie for Tuesday 4




1. Have you built snowmen, women or even entire families of snow people like little sister Tootie did in Meet Me in St. Louis?

Did you use a carrot for the nose? Tell us all about how it .

First of all, I loved this movie and sweet little Tootie.  One of my many favorites.  Seeing as how I live in SE Texas, I've never built a snowman because there's never been enough snow.
If I could have built one I would have certainly used a carrot for the nose!

2. Are you hoping for snowmen to melt soon in hotter weather? Tell us about your favorite time of year and please let us know why you love it. List some ingredient of that season that make it special for you.

Once again, no snowmen here, so there's nothing to melt.  I do have two favorite seasons, fall and spring.  Spring brings new growth, warm sunshine and days of porch sitting.  The fall is so refreshing after the hot summers we have here.  I love the pretty fall colors and days leading to Thanksgiving and Christmas.

3.Remember bundling up as a child? It took so long to do then you had to go potty and all those layers had to come off again!
Is dressing up something you enjoy doing ? Why?

I worked most of my adult life, up early and dressing nice five days a week.  I did my dues, it's jeans and tees for me!  I do 'dress-up' when necessary!

4. In Frozen, the little girl desperately wants to reconnect with her sister and reminds her of the happy times of building snowmen. Are you disconnected from anyone you'd love to reunite with?

Not really, I have met some great bloggers I would like to meet in person.  I think it would be great to have a blogger convention!

Here's a video taken several years ago of Emma singing a song from Frozen..


She was giving it all she had!  

What happy times with friends and siblings brings you fond memories and smiles to you?

One of my best childhood memories is all of us, my 3 brothers, Momma and Daddy, having supper together every evening.  It was the best of times, long ago and far away.  There's just baby brother and I now, oh how I miss them.


This is the last picture taken of myself and the youngest of my older brothers.  He suffered with severe back pain for many years and his years in the navy, working around asbestos blankets that were used to cover torpedo's, caused a mesothelioma diagnosis that took his life quickly.

Annie, if it ever snows enough in my part of Texas to build a snowman I'll do it and send you a picture!!

Until Next Time




14 comments:

  1. I love Meet Me in St Louis as well....such a sweet movie. I laugh every time Tootie Sings I was Drunk Last Night Dear Mother.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Now I want to watch it again, maybe TCM will show it soon.

      Delete
  2. I would love to see a Texas snowman, but remember it has to be HUGE like Texas!!
    Thanks for joining in Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary,I love that picture of you with your brother. I understand how hard it is to say good bye to our loved ones. My oldest brother died this past year and he is the first of my siblings to go. I do not look forward to saying goodbye to any others, but I am the baby of the family, so unless the Lord has other plans for me, I will probably be the last to go. However, let's be happy...I would LOVE to build a snowman again. It's been a long time...but as long as we live here in Florida I don't think it will happen! But we can enjoy watching others from afar while we stay warm and cozy here! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to say goodbye, but we'll be together again some day. I do enjoy pictures of snowy days and snowmen!! I would love to visit but not live in snowy areas.

      Delete
  4. SO SAD ABOUT YOUR BROTHER. I REALLY LIKE YOUR VALENTINE HEADER AND BACKGROUND.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to those old movies. I love them all and this one always a classic. Like you, I had trouble with snow questions, living in FL, but I do have snow memories! I lost a friend to mesothelioma. It does work fast. She had no idea where she was exposed to asbestos. I'm sorry your brother had to fight that losing battle. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always I enjoy reading your answers to the questions.
    I love the Valentine background...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A blogger convention would be so much fun!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in, Mary, for a Blogger Convention!!!! SMILES. Have a great Wednesday, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. #2 -- How cool that your autumn colors last to Christmas! Here in Chicagoland, the pretty leaves are here and gone so quickly.

    #4 -- Thanks for sharing the picture and story of your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is crazy, but I just watched Meet Me in St. Louis for the first time over Christmas. I absolutely LOVED it! I am going to make it a Christmas tradition...mostly because that is when I have time to watch movies. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those days around the dinner table were wonderful. Sorry you have lost siblings. ((Hugs)) That video was so darn cute. Enjoyed reading your answers. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!