Sunday, January 29, 2023

Q&A plus Tuesday 4

What I'm wearing ....  Blue jeans, black and white pullover and black canvas shoes.  Actually they are Grasshoppers, if you're familiar with that brand.

What I'm reading ....  I'm still reading 'They Call Her Dirty Sally.'  I've made friends with the main characters and reading on to see what they get into next.

What's happening in my kitchen ....  Not much!

What's outside my window ....  Cold winter day with rain.  It looks so drab out there.

What I'm thankful for .... my warm cozy home, the book I'm reading, the coffee I'm drinking and listening to Mr D play his guitar from his man cave.

What I'm smelling .... Dogs....my dogbabies need a bath, but I hate to bathe them when it's cold.  Even with the heat on they shimmy and shake.  Typical chihuahuas.

What I'm hearing ....  Mr D playing his music, I enjoy it so much.  

What I'm crafting .... I think I posted all about it yesterday, just click HERE.

What's on my mind .... I need to quit putting it off, I have to go to Baytown to have my drivers license renewed.  I can't do it online again, they want me to come in.  BooHiss

Words to live by .... I like my words for the year, Trust & Obey.  I think if we live by those 2 little words our life will be so much better.

Now let's play Tuesday 4

What.. Where...How?

Hey, it's time for Tuesday 4 and I am so happy to see you back again.   Tuesday 4 is hosted by Annie!  Thank you Annie.

Let's ask ourselves some questions.

1. What was the worst date you ever went on?

I really don't remember a bad date.

2. How was the nicest date you ever had?

My nicest date was with Mr D.  We always had a good time.  I'll never forget driving down to Galveston one night and taking a helicopter ride over the island.  It was marvelous, all the lights and the vastness of the bay.  It was a nice date.

3. Where did you grow up and how did you like it? Are you far away from there now?

My Dad was a construction worker and the company he worked for sent him anywhere and everywhere, and Mom and us kids went right along with him.  He was sent to La Porte in 1960 and I never left.  I met Mr D, we married and La Porte has been my home ever since.

4.  What did kids do for fun and dates when you were young? 

Dean and I spent hours sitting at Trainers, I think every kid in high school would be there on Friday and Saturday nights.  We also had a teen club, lots of school dances and the movies.

Join in the fun HERE.

Until Next Time



8 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, I'm so glad I can still comment on your blog. It seems every day there's one more than just won't let me post a comment.
    How lovely that Mr. D serenades you from his man cave. My youngest son keeps a guitar (his best one) here and I love it when he sits and plays and sings. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your answers and learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dating was very different back in our days. More innocent and fun. I just ordered Dirty Sally for my Kindle. I will get to it when I finish my two current books!! Happy hump day and February!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. helicopter over the island. Now that would be so wonderful. It is so nice to hear a talented person play music. Makes me day if I can hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, That is a great picture of Mr. D! I hope all goes well at the DMV. I am sure I would flunk if I had to take a test. I do need to go to get my secure DL. I hope it isn't too cold where you are. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nice date sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh !! A helicopter ride!! What a great idea.
    I love hearing people play an instrument. Lucky you!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!