Thursday, August 22, 2024

Thursday's Thought

We All Need A Tree !

I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to start.
While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On ariving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked up the front walk, he paused briefly at a small tree, touchng the tips of the branches with both hands.
When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation.. His face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.
Afterwrd he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.
'Oh, that's my trouble tree,' he replied 'I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children.. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them. Then in the morning I pick them up again.' 'Funny thing is,' he smiled,' when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

We all need a Tree!

I found this on the internet and would give credit to the one who wrote it, but alas, I don't know who that might be.

Blessings to All
Until Next Time




12 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, another great and encouraging post! Thank you for sharing this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I need to rethink that tree which stands before our own home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! That is a great story and one to remember. My Mom always used to tell me that my troubles wouldn't seem so great in the morning. True. It was always better after a good night of sleep and a talk with the Lord.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this story. It's a great reminder to 'Cast all your cares on Him.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely story !!! Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this story! Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read this story a few times before and loved reading it again. YES, we all need to leave our troubles outside. Thanks, Mary!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!