What Do You Call It?
Welcome to Tuesday 4 which was started by our friend Toni Taddeo and kept up in memory of her.
Thank you Annie for hosting!
Different sections of the USA have different words and customs they use. Let's talk about them.
1. In New Jersey you put your groceries in a paper bag or plastic bag. In Athens, Ohio where I went to university, you put them in a paper sack. Is it bag , sack or something else where you live?
We used to have sacks, now we have bags.
2. Though no one seems to wear them anymore, NJ says Stockings.
Athens, Ohio used to call them "hose" and in Britain they are tights.
What about where you live?
Hose
3.Soda, Pop, Coke?
Hero, sub, grinder, hoagie?
Coke and a sub.
4. Shopping cart or trolley. buggy?
What do you call it?
Buggy
Join in the fun at Tuesday 4.
Joining Christy T for Photo-a-day July Challenge.
July 7
Word for today: Words
When I opened the blinds this morning a beautiful ray of sunshine filled the room. The morning sun always brightens my day. (even though it's so hot😎)
Hope everyone has a great day.
Until Next Time





I loved your answers...pretty much you say the same things we say here. And I love your photo challenge picture for words. I haven't done that one yet since I wrote my Tuesday 4 on Monday. Now I will be behind again. Oh well, it's only "words". LOL. I LOVE the Doxology!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Mary, I love your new header. How did you do that? I like the photo challenge too! My granddaughter opened up worship this past Sunday with that song. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI use copilot. I have so much fun with it.
DeleteDear Mary, I enjoyed your responses. And your new header is absolutely gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteYour header is great! I love it. I love the different ways regions say items. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Blessed and thankful!! Amen!! I enjoyed your answers!
ReplyDeleteI love that sign, Mary. Now I'm singing along with its words!
ReplyDeleteBags, stockings, soda, and cart is what I say. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat words.
Sweet header! I love learning how all parts of the nation say things. And I Had to sing along with those words which are part of the litergy. Have a most wonderful day. Hugs
ReplyDeleteLovely header Mary. I also like the green background and your sweet and short answers to Tuesday 4. Did you know that when we click on your profile photo when you live a message that it doesn't take us to your blog page here? Maybe you like it that way but if you didn't know I thought I'd let you know. I always click on your profile pic when you leave a comment for others so I can get to your page so that is how I know it doesn't work that way. Anyway, have a wonderful week ahead.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your answers. That looks like a fun photo challenge.
ReplyDelete