Friday, July 1, 2016

The Joy of Friends

A dear GLOW friend surprised everyone with this sweet plaque at our meeting last Wednesday! 
I love surprises!


Thank you Arlene!!
((hugs))

Recipe for Friendship

2 heaping cups of patience
1 heart full of love
2 handfuls of generosity
1 headful of understanding
A dash of humor
Sprinkle generously with kindness
and plenty of faith

Mix well. Spread over a period of a lifetime. 
Serve to everyone you meet.

True friendships are lasting because true love is eternal.  A friendship in which heart speaks to heart is a gift from God and no gift that comes from God is temporary or occasional.
Henri J.M. Nouwen

Love one another deeply, from the heart.
1 Peter 1:22

Mary Lou Carney writes...

My friend Lurlene was standing in the doorway and waving when I turned down her street.  By the time I'd pulled into her driveway, she was out the door and holding open her arms for a hug.  "How was the trip?"  "Long," I replied.

And it had been ~ I had driven from my home in northern Indiana all the way to Chattanooga, Tennessee, for a visit. 

We went inside, and I plopped my suitcase down in the guest bedroom.  A big bouquet of orange tiger lilies ~ my favorite ~ was on the nightstand.

"Want something to eat?" Lurlene asked.  "I've got fresh salsa and some crunchy cereal I know you'll like.  And oh, I found great nectarines.  I know you like them better than peaches.  And I picked up that movie you told me you've been wanting to see."

"You shouldn't have gone to so much trouble just for me." I protested.  Lurlene stopped and stared at me.  "Trouble? I was preparing for the arrival of my friend.
That's not trouble ~ that's joy!"


Linking with Deb at Breathing in Grace

Until Next Time
The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
(quote by: Elisabeth Foley)



6 comments:

  1. Friendship is so precious...seems the theme of FFF this week is "Special Friends"! 😘 Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend, my very special friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I count you "special" also Mary, Great post as always! Have happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Mary. What a great reminder on how to cherish friends and family. Blessings sweet friend...have a joyful Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your post today, all about love and friendship! Preparing for a visit from friends is definitely a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. Nothing beats good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friends are the greatest asset anyone can have. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!